How I Met Your Mother

chigirl

Mar 20, 2006
I love this show. Not sure why. Anyway, just curious if anyone else watches it. Since I don't really follow what is on that much (just watch this, Grey's and news shows (including Daily Show and Colbert Report), I have no idea if it is a popular show or not.

I loooove this show! I love Barney and his Barneyisms!!! And I think Marshal and Lily are/were such a cute couple...I wonder what's gonna happen next season. I think pretty much all the episodes were good this first season, but my favorites were the pineapple one and the one where they rent a limo for New Year's Eve and try to go to a bunch of parties.

I :heart: this show. Barney is my secret crush :shame: I loved Neil Patrick Harris as Doogie Howser, so I was really excited when I heard about this show..

I read somewhere that Lily and Marshall's relationship is based on the producer and his wife's, so despite the break up, I'm sure they'll get back together... well, @ least I hope they do :smile:

this is probably one of the only 'new' sitcoms that I love...and I just love barney's character even though most of the other characters get on my nerves, barney's silly antics keep me watching

i love it too! makes you want a fun hang out gang! and i am sooo in love with barney, his character cracks me up. loved the episode where he and robin played laser tag.

I love Barney! (Neil Patrick Harris is so hot! . . . . but I guess now he's just another really attractive gay man.)

I like to think of it as ABC's Friends. It's not the same set-up, but it has the potential to be just as popular as Friends was.

Taxi driver: Actually, I'm from Bangladesh.
Barney: The women hot there?
Taxi driver: Here's a picture of my wife.
Barney: (whispering) A simple no would've sufficed.

Taxi driver: Woah woah woah. Did you hit her?
Lilly: (laughs) Hit me? Please! This guy can barely spank me in bed for fun. He's all like "Oh honey did that hurt?" and I'm all like "C'mon let me have it ya pansy!"

Barney: Look, our forefathers died for the "pursuit of happiness," okay? Not for the "sit around and wait of happiness." Now if you want, we can go to the same bar, drink the same beer, talk to the same people every day or you can lick the Liberty Bell. You can grab life by the crack and lick the crap out of it.
Taxi driver: That was beautiful, man.

Barney: Did you sleep with her sister?
Ted: No..
Barney: Did you sleep with her mom?
Ted: No..
Barney: I'm losing interest in you story.

[Ted and Kelly talks at the really loud club]
Ted: You really like this place?
[Kelly nods]
Ted: You have no idea what I'm saying, do you?
[Kelly nods]
Ted: I'm from outer space!
[Kelly nods]
Ted: I got thrown out of Sea World for humping a dolphin!
[Kelly nods]
[The music suddenly stops]
Ted: I'm wetting my pants!

Lily: Don't Ted-out about it.
Ted: Did you just use my name as a verb?
Barney: Oh, yeah, we do that when you're not around. "Ted-out": to overthink. See also "Ted-up". "Ted-up": to overthink with disastrous consequences. For example, "Billy Tedded-up when he-"
Ted: All right, I get it!

Barney : I have a feeling that tonight you might end up being Jackie -"Oh"ed.

Lily: On Monday I'm going to have to tell my kindergarten class, who I tell not to run with scissors, how my fiancee ran me through with a broadsword.
Marshall: Technically, it didn't go all the way through.
Lily: I'm sorry, were we having a discussion about the degree to which you stabbed me?

Lily: So where are you from, Natalya?
Barney: She...who knows. The former Soviet republic of Drunk-Off-Her-Ass-Istan?

Claudia: No, no, no.... Listen to me, if I go to my wedding and the cake is not Tahitian vanilla, I will come down there and burn your little shop to the ground. Haha, do you wanna find out if I'm kidding?

Marshall: Ok, I'm just saying that it's my wedding too and I should have a say in it.
Lily: But I'm the bride. So, I win.
Marshall: But I thought marriage is about two equal partners, sharing a life together.
Lily: Right but I'm the bride. So, I win.

Ted: Yes, on Saturday, after a little wine and a little dancing...
Barney: Alright, they better be making a new gender, because I'm revoking your dude license.

Lily(on the wedding bouquet): It's such an evil tradition.
Ted: You're not gonna do it at your wedding?
Lily: Hell yeah! I'm gonna take that flower grenade and chuck it to the crowd and scream, "Crawl for it, *****es!" It's just what girls do.

Barney: Sorry buddy, wish I could help you but my hands are tied. Oh no wait. That was last night. (makes a whipping sound)

Barney(flips open his cell): This better be good. I'm about to enter Nirvana. By the way I should get you Nirvana's phone number, she gives a great massage. Say whaaaat?

Barney: Plus, here's the mini-cherry on top of the regular cherry on top of the sundae of awesomeness that is my life.

Lily: (Trying on wedding dresses) Oh, this dress is totally going to get me laid on my wedding night.

Barney: (To Marshall) You’re different. Now I suppose you could learn to love yourself for the unique little snowflake you are or you could change your entire personality – which is just so much easier!

Lily & Robin: (To Barney about their prom dresses) Alright, what do you think?
Barney: Horrible!
Lily: (Disgusted) You’d make such a great dad.
Barney: It’s so classy and nice; you’re going to stick out like a sore thumb. Have you seen how the kids are dressing these days? With the Ashley, and the Lindsay and the Paris. They all dress like strippers. It’s go ho or go home.
Lily: Well we have to get in. I have to see this band because we have to make a decision by Monday because I’m getting married in 71 days and we still…
Robin: (Cutting off Lily's panicked rant) Shhhh. Sweetie, just focus on one thing at a time. Okay? Right now you just have to dress like a whore and that’s it.
Lily: Alright.
Barney: Now that’s the spirit. Now ladies, slut up!

Robin: I’ll go with you.
Lily: Really?
Robin: Yea. I never got to go to my prom; we always had field hockey nationals in the spring.
Barney: (coughs) Lesbian!
Robin: The cough was supposed to cover the lesbian.
Barney: No, I’m trying to start at thing where the cough is separate.

Penelope: Is he a nice guy, or some jackass like Barney?
Barney: Hey!!
Penelope: You hit on my mom!
Barney: WE WEREN'T EXCLUSIVE!

Barney: Ted Mosby *wink* architect.

Barney: (From his letter) Dear... Resident, the time we spent together, however long it was, meant the world to me. I would love to see you again, but unfortunately, I cannot. You see, I am a ghost. I can only materialize once every decade on the anniversary of my death. I chose to spend my one day among the living with you, sweet... Resident. Perhaps we will meet again in another decade, provided you keep your figure. Until then, all my love from the beyond. Barney.

I love the acting and I love the writing.

(If you want to see something else funny with Neil Patrick Harris, rent Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle. He doesn't have that big a part in it, but the small part he had was brilliant. He played a twisted version of himself.)

Barney: Look around Lily, you are in the heart of bachelor country. And as a women, you are an illegal immigrant here. Now you can try to apply for a sex visa, but that only lasts 12 hours. 14 if you qualify for multiple entry.

Barney: Let the hunt begin!
Marshall: Wait! I'm not so sure I'm comfortable with you hunting my constitutional law professor.
Barney: Who would you rather have grading your papers? A savage, man eating, jungle cat or a purring, satisfied kitty?
Marshall: Go Barney, go mount and stuff that cougar!

Marshal: I have never needed beer more than I do right now.
Ted: I thought you said your semester was gonna be a piece of cake, I remember because you were eating a piece of cake at the time and you said: "Dude, my semester is gonna be this."

The guys try hanging out in a coffee shop (a la "Friends") and they notice that the coffee girl has put a heart on Marshalls cup
Marshall: Well, what if the heart doesn't mean anything? What if she writes them on all the cups?
Ted: Mine says "Ted", no heart
Barney: Mine says... "Swarley".... How'd they get "Swarley" from "Barney"? It's not even a name. Who would ever be called "Swarley"?....(Marshall and Ted smile)
Oh, please don't start calling me "Swarley"... This would never happen at a bar!
Barney leaves the coffee shop
Ted: Man! What's up with Swarley?
Marshall: I know. You almost never see old Swarlz get that upset.
Ted:Psssh

(When discussing to the Oh moment when you find something that is a deal breaker Ted daydreams of his and Robin’s wedding)
Ted: I love you.
Robin: I used to be a dude.