How heavy is the YSL Muse bag?

arthgirlie

Oct 29, 2010
Hello! Does anyone know approximately how heavy the YSL Muse bag (Large) is by chance? I'm generally a Balenciaga fan, but have been drawn to YSL recently. I'm hoping they're lightweight, because the designs and leather are gorgeous. I used to wear Marc Jacobs bags, but the Stam is incredibly heavy even with nothing inside. Please help! Thanks :smile:

I'm a bal gal and just got my first muse and love it! I hate heavy bags but find the muse extremely comfy and since it fits over the shoulder the weight isn't an issue IMO. I like soft slouchy bags but when I want structure, this is the bag! I think there are more threads on this issue, if you do a search you will find more info on it.

Thanks for your help, eescorpius and redskater. Great to know that you both recommend the Muse and find it lightweight and comfy to wear. I'll search for more threads on this topic, but really appreciate your feedback!

The muse isn't very heavy at all. I would say it's comparable to Bal city with regular hardware, and definitely lighter than MJ and Chanel (Maxi) bags.

I have some of the YSL bags in the bigger sizes and they are a bit heavy, specially compared with my Bals. If you are used to the Bals, you are going to feel the weight difference. However, compared to the MJ bags of similar size, the Muse should be a breeze. Hope that helps.

I'm a diehard Balenciaga fan and I just recently got a Muse. It's so light and the leather is much stronger than the Balenciaga so I don't worry about it getting scuffed as easily. I'm not a YSL and Bal fan :P