How heavy is the Paraty?

pigie10h

Jan 6, 2012
Hi ladies,

I'm in the lookout for a Chloe Paraty and want your opinion on how heavy is the Paraty compared to Balenciaga City? How heavy is it without anything in it? I wanna be able to carry stuffs in it without feeling like im carrying a lot of weight. Please please help! TIA

I have a Paraty in black and its terrific. I highly recommend. The leather is so terrific and high quality. I can't compare to the City but I will say that it is a bit heavy. If that's a serious concern, you'll need to hold it first.

I have a Paraty in black and its terrific. I highly recommend. The leather is so terrific and high quality. I can't compare to the City but I will say that it is a bit heavy. If that's a serious concern, you'll need to hold it first.

I will go to my Nordy and try to hold it in person before i purchase. Thank u for ur help! :smile:

Personally I think the paraty is lightweight. Comparable to RH City.

I would like to know that too...I don't have a Paraty (yet:graucho:) but is it heavier than the Marcie?
I have a medium Marcie without strap and it weighs 1.25kg, I also have an RH Bal and it weighs only about 0.8kg....

Balenciaga City (regular hardware) is definitely lighter than Paraty. I have both and always use my City bag when travelling or when I need to carry lots of stuff with me. The downside to it is that City bag has thinner leather than Paraty. In general, I think Chloe bags leather is a lot more durable than Balenciaga.

I have the large Marcie and I don't feel that my medium paraty is heavier than that.

I would like to know that too...I don't have a Paraty (yet:graucho:) but is it heavier than the Marcie?
I have a medium Marcie without strap and it weighs 1.25kg, I also have an RH Bal and it weighs only about 0.8kg....

I think the Paraty is actually quite light in comparison to many other designer bags I have owned! I was pleasantly surprised actually. IMO, I had a large Marcie Hobo & Satchel and I def think the Paraty is lighter. My Paraty is Med for reference, and I would also say it's no heavier or possibly lighter than a Bal GH City. HTH!

I think you should def go in person and hold it. I have a medium Paraty and with my continental wallet, small LV makeup bag, gum, keys and sunglasses it gets a bit heavy to hold on the forearm for longer periods so i end up carrying it on the shoulder. It is a great looking and quality bag and i would have to agree with other members that in comparison to the Balenciaga the leather quality is much superior. Hope this helps :smile: Good luck!

I don't find the Paraty heavy at all, personally - i have it in medium, and for a bag that size it's a very manageable weight (though i wouldn't go so far as to say it's light). I've done horrible things and loaded it full with stuff, and still managed to last entire days!

PARATY is not heavy. balenciaga giant hardware ( the big hardware, not the new mini hardware) is heavier.
but yes, paraty is tad heavier than bbag regular hardware .
imo, paraty is not heavy at all compare to many designer bags. LV artsy, now that's a heavy bag, but still people going crazy about that particular LV bag. ;)

I personally don't own Balenciaga, so I can't really compare. I have LV Neverful GM which is very lightweight, but I tend to carry lots of stuff anyway. If compare to Chloe, my first impression is a bit heavy due to the hardware and little room.

I have two med paraty bags - they are not heavy but keep in mind, it’s med-small in terms of what you can fit into it. I have several bal bags all rggh or gsh but each bag is larger in size than med paraty too