How heavy is the Paraty?

pigie10h

Jan 6, 2012
Hi ladies,

I'm in the lookout for a Chloe Paraty and want your opinion on how heavy is the Paraty compared to Balenciaga City? How heavy is it without anything in it? I wanna be able to carry stuffs in it without feeling like im carrying a lot of weight. Please please help! TIA

roanth

Jan 23, 2012
I have a Paraty in black and its terrific. I highly recommend. The leather is so terrific and high quality. I can't compare to the City but I will say that it is a bit heavy. If that's a serious concern, you'll need to hold it first.

pigie10h

Jan 6, 2012
I have a Paraty in black and its terrific. I highly recommend. The leather is so terrific and high quality. I can't compare to the City but I will say that it is a bit heavy. If that's a serious concern, you'll need to hold it first.
I will go to my Nordy and try to hold it in person before i purchase. Thank u for ur help! :smile:

kdo

Let's Go Caps!
Nov 1, 2008
Personally I think the paraty is lightweight. Comparable to RH City.

rx4dsoul

chicken soup & bags!
Authenticator
Apr 7, 2011
Personally I think the paraty is lightweight. Comparable to RH City.
I would like to know that too...I don't have a Paraty (yet:graucho:) but is it heavier than the Marcie?
I have a medium Marcie without strap and it weighs 1.25kg, I also have an RH Bal and it weighs only about 0.8kg....

cookiesnomore

Dec 8, 2010
Balenciaga City (regular hardware) is definitely lighter than Paraty. I have both and always use my City bag when travelling or when I need to carry lots of stuff with me. The downside to it is that City bag has thinner leather than Paraty. In general, I think Chloe bags leather is a lot more durable than Balenciaga.

kdo

Let's Go Caps!
Nov 1, 2008
I have the large Marcie and I don't feel that my medium paraty is heavier than that.

I would like to know that too...I don't have a Paraty (yet:graucho:) but is it heavier than the Marcie?
I have a medium Marcie without strap and it weighs 1.25kg, I also have an RH Bal and it weighs only about 0.8kg....

May 7, 2008
SW Florida
I think the Paraty is actually quite light in comparison to many other designer bags I have owned! I was pleasantly surprised actually. IMO, I had a large Marcie Hobo & Satchel and I def think the Paraty is lighter. My Paraty is Med for reference, and I would also say it's no heavier or possibly lighter than a Bal GH City. HTH!

llson

O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
I've owned many Chloe bags and the Paraty is one of the lightest and best all round, I own 3, 2 medium and 1 large, great bags!!

maddy2280

Jan 3, 2010
TX
I think you should def go in person and hold it. I have a medium Paraty and with my continental wallet, small LV makeup bag, gum, keys and sunglasses it gets a bit heavy to hold on the forearm for longer periods so i end up carrying it on the shoulder. It is a great looking and quality bag and i would have to agree with other members that in comparison to the Balenciaga the leather quality is much superior. Hope this helps :smile: Good luck!

velvetine

Dec 31, 2006
I don't find the Paraty heavy at all, personally - i have it in medium, and for a bag that size it's a very manageable weight (though i wouldn't go so far as to say it's light). I've done horrible things and loaded it full with stuff, and still managed to last entire days!

minnie04

IG minnie0104
O.G.
Aug 4, 2006
USA
PARATY is not heavy. balenciaga giant hardware ( the big hardware, not the new mini hardware) is heavier.
but yes, paraty is tad heavier than bbag regular hardware .
imo, paraty is not heavy at all compare to many designer bags. LV artsy, now that's a heavy bag, but still people going crazy about that particular LV bag. ;)

Joon T

Oct 19, 2017
I personally don't own Balenciaga, so I can't really compare. I have LV Neverful GM which is very lightweight, but I tend to carry lots of stuff anyway. If compare to Chloe, my first impression is a bit heavy due to the hardware and little room.

missmoimoi

Dec 5, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I have two med paraty bags - they are not heavy but keep in mind, it’s med-small in terms of what you can fit into it. I have several bal bags all rggh or gsh but each bag is larger in size than med paraty too