How heavy is the Chanel 19 in small and large?

I'm wanting to get the Chanel 19 in leather in either the small or large, but I was wondering if people find it heavy or uncomfortable to wear. How is the strap feel wearing it for awhile? Also, does the leather part of the strap get softer over time? Thanks in advance for your help.
I did consider buying the 19 large in gray. After trying it on I felt that once I had my things in it it would become too heavy. I don’t understand why the shoulder chains are so heavy! I just love the look at the bag and want to have one desperately but the weight? Ugh

Reactions: Shirleepear and RT1
The small one is actually not that heavy. The chain strap is fine. I think it less chunky than the Boy bag strap?! Not sure as I don’t have the Boy bag but the 19 Bag has leather interwoven into the chain which makes it less clunky and noisy, unlike the Boy bag chain.
weight-wise I was actually surprisedhow light it was for an all leather bag. I’d say it is as heavy as the Medium CF.

Reactions: lolasparks and RT1
The small one is actually not that heavy. The chain strap is fine. I think it less chunky than the Boy bag strap?! Not sure as I don’t have the Boy bag but the 19 Bag has leather interwoven into the chain which makes it less clunky and noisy, unlike the Boy bag chain.
weight-wise I was actually surprisedhow light it was for an all leather bag. I’d say it is as heavy as the Medium CF.
Thank you so much! I really love the bag, but was a bit worried about the chain weight.

I did consider buying the 19 large in gray. After trying it on I felt that once I had my things in it it would become too heavy. I don’t understand why the shoulder chains are so heavy! I just love the look at the bag and want to have one desperately but the weight? Ugh
Thank you...I think I would only buy the small since I am afraid of the weight on the larger bag.

Reactions: RT1
I have a small 19 and sometimes I do find it heavy. Depends on how much I put in there. If I do a full sized leather wallet and a lot of other random items I find it heavy after some time. If I do a compact wallet or a card case these days and don’t load it up then it’s much better.

Reactions: RT1
Does anyone have an exact weight? I’m also more partial to the med/large size but can’t do heavy bags. I heard on a YouTube channel that the bag alone weighs 4 lbs? Is that for real?!

Does anyone have an exact weight? I’m also more partial to the med/large size but can’t do heavy bags. I heard on a YouTube channel that the bag alone weighs 4 lbs? Is that for real?!
I bought the Medium/Large and ended up exchange it for the small because of the weight of the bag. I don’t mind bigger bags as I wear my Jumbo Classic Flap all the time. The Chanel 19 in Medium/Large is very heavy once you put your items inside. I did not weigh the bag, but it was not a bag I would want to wear around shopping, etc. I hope this helps!

Reactions: shup
I bought the Medium/Large and ended up exchange it for the small because of the weight of the bag. I don’t mind bigger bags as I wear my Jumbo Classic Flap all the time. The Chanel 19 in Medium/Large is very heavy once you put your items inside. I did not weigh the bag, but it was not a bag I would want to wear around shopping, etc. I hope this helps!
Wow thanks. I guess there was a sizable enough weight difference with the small to warrant getting the small size? That size does not feel heavy to you?

Own the small and don't find it heavy. But then, I occasionally wear some full-size all leather bags that are much larger (i.e.: leather LV Artsy) so the 19 feels like nothing. I have two other Chanel flaps, one a 227 reissue that is about the size of the Jumbo) and don't find them heavy, either.

Wow thanks. I guess there was a sizable enough weight difference with the small to warrant getting the small size? That size does not feel heavy to you?
I feel that there is a pretty significant difference. The medium/large one I bought was in tweed. I selected that one because the leather one felt too heavy in the store. Once I got it home and put my items in it, I knew that it would be too heavy to use on a regular basis. I am much happier with the small Chanel 19, which is in leather, and still holds quite a bit!

Reactions: OCMomof3