how heavy is the cervo brick bag?

pbkey

Mar 13, 2016
i love my cervo hobo and am now eyeing a cervo brick bag. It does not get mentioned much in this forum (other than celebs thread) and I could not tell how heavy it is. Is it heavier than a Nappa Roma (used to have one but found it too heavy)? Any other reason why it seems not so popular here? Will really appreciate your input - thanks!

i love my cervo hobo and am now eyeing a cervo brick bag. It does not get mentioned much in this forum (other than celebs thread) and I could not tell how heavy it is. Is it heavier than a Nappa Roma (used to have one but found it too heavy)? Any other reason why it seems not so popular here? Will really appreciate your input - thanks!
I have both. I'll check this when I get home but I don't have a scale so it's gonna be a guesstimate.

Okay so just to be clear, I have the Cervo Brick Bag, it is not the Intrecciato version. Is this the one you are talking about? It's pretty lightweight and weighs less than the Roma when empty. I would assume the intrecciato version would be heavier.
I always worry about how heavy the contents are, so if your laptop isn't super heavy, I think it will be fine.
I think one of the reasons it doesn't get a lot of love (here) might be because it's a fairly large bag. Almost a bit too large for a handbag/purse but of course that depends on your preferences. I use mine primarily as a travel bag. I've used it as a carry-on and as an overnight/weekend bag. I might be totally wrong but I thought the intrecciato version was slightly smaller than the all cervo version.
When you look at the Roma and the Brick bag beside each other, they almost don't look that different but when carried against the body, you can really see the size difference. I don't know why - maybe it's the plain leather vs. the intrecciato. Perhaps the weaving tricks your eye into thinking its smaller.
If you want to know what fits or anything, let me know I can take pictures.

Okay so just to be clear, I have the Cervo Brick Bag, it is not the Intrecciato version. Is this the one you are talking about? It's pretty lightweight and weighs less than the Roma when empty. I would assume the intrecciato version would be heavier.
I always worry about how heavy the contents are, so if your laptop isn't super heavy, I think it will be fine.
I think one of the reasons it doesn't get a lot of love (here) might be because it's a fairly large bag. Almost a bit too large for a handbag/purse but of course that depends on your preferences. I use mine primarily as a travel bag. I've used it as a carry-on and as an overnight/weekend bag. I might be totally wrong but I thought the intrecciato version was slightly smaller than the all cervo version.
When you look at the Roma and the Brick bag beside each other, they almost don't look that different but when carried against the body, you can really see the size difference. I don't know why - maybe it's the plain leather vs. the intrecciato. Perhaps the weaving tricks your eye into thinking its smaller.
If you want to know what fits or anything, let me know I can take pictures.

Thanks for your detailed reply! Yes, I am referring to the cervo version as I love the feel and simplicity of the unwoven cervo leather :smile: it is interesting that you mentioned that the Roma and the cervo brick are about the same size as the cervo brick does look bigger to me in the pictures (not that I have seen a side to side comparison). Do you happen to have photos with both the Roma and the cervo brick? I personally didn't find the Roma too big when I had it then but somehow the cervo brick does look bigger (maybe the weaves as you pointed out?).