How heavy is a Chanel tote with chain straps?

rutabaga

O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
I'm researching preloved Chanel totes, specifically the Natural Beauty with the pleated exterior pocket (pic below). I was wondering if you find it heavy with just the essentials (wallet, phone, makeup bag, keys, maybe a water bottle). Listings rarely have the bag weight when empty, but it would be helpful in determining if this is a bag I would reach for regularly because if it's too heavy I probably won't use it often. I have other briefcase type bags for laptops/tablets, so I wouldn't be putting any large devices in the tote. TIA!

m_5e0f9d9e2f48310ff3fdd3c6.jpg

It'll definitely be heavier than what you're used to, especially because of the chain strap. Sometimes it's not the weight of the bag that bothers me, but rather the chains digging into my shoulders if I happy to be carrying a lot that day. The same bag, same amount of stuff, with a leather strap will be far more comfortable to wear than the chain.

Reactions: rutabaga
It'll definitely be heavier than what you're used to, especially because of the chain strap. Sometimes it's not the weight of the bag that bothers me, but rather the chains digging into my shoulders if I happy to be carrying a lot that day. The same bag, same amount of stuff, with a leather strap will be far more comfortable to wear than the chain.

That's what I'm afraid of. I have a vintage square Chanel in lambskin and the strap has a leather shoulder pad at the top, so it's not quite as heavy as a bag with a strap that's made entirely of chain. The leather on the Chanel tote looks pretty thick so my guess is it'll be heavier but was wondering if anyone who owns a similar bag could chime in.

I have a Chanel tote n I’m pleasantly surprised by its light weight.
However I think the straps may dig into your shoulder if u put too much things in the bag. Mine has leather shoulder pads so it’s pretty comfortable.

Attachments

• 154F0182-D6AC-4AE6-8281-248F0679D12C.jpeg
    154F0182-D6AC-4AE6-8281-248F0679D12C.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: rutabaga
Yoogi's Closet has one. They are a really nice place, I bet if you called and asked they might tell you the empty weight. Maybe?

I saw that bag too and thought about e-mailing. I've tried in the past to get more photos of items from TRR and they replied that the items were stored in a warehouse and they didn't have access. Worth a shot though! Thanks!

Reactions: ccbaggirl89