How heavy are the dylans?

mtview

Jul 1, 2007
Hi,

I am contemplating my first LP order. I am spoiled by my current black bag (1/2 nylon + 1/2 leather) because it is super light. My other bags are balenciagas and they are also super light. I am thinking of ordering the mini dylan as an everyday bag. Is it heavy due to all the studs?

I have a BR purse and it has 3 brass buckles and it weighs a ton. I ended up giving it away.

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

I have the small Dylan Speedy with the detachable strap with a wallet and a few other items in it and it's not light but not heavy..so about medium I would say. With the mini I am sure you'll find it won't be that heavy at all. Are you thinking of the mini speedy?

Thanks for the feedback. I am leaning toward the mini speedy. I was interested in the small speedy in the beginning because I like the option of being able to wear it cross body but I like having front pockets. So I think mini is the one after I can confirm it is not heavy.

ETA: I just saw some modeling pictures of the medium bowler. It looks super cute as well. Choices, choices ...

Last edited:
i have the long dylans,, croc double zips,,, and shoulder bags,,,, they are all med to large bags,,, i don't think they are what you would classify as heavy,,, maybe med, but scrumptious either way!!!

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I love the studs but hate the weight. I am so torn :wondering

A lovely tpfer told me the medium bowler is slightly heavier than a balenciaga city so I am going to take out my city and put all my stuff in and try it out.

I have the Dylan BCA tote. For me, I'd call it a small and light weight bag. It is lighter than my other LPs for sure (my Koobas are all much heavier than this bag). I also have the Dylan patchwork tote in turquoise and I'd call that a medium size and medium weight bag. I love love love the patchwork tote and could carry it all day without it bothering me. (I am about 5'7" and size 10, for reference...)

I don't know what size mine is. I think it's the biggest one and it's pretty heavy. I love it and wear it all the time but it's definitely much heavier than any of my other bags in that size range.

Thanks again for all the feedback. I just emailed LP's cs to see if they can tell me if the medium bowler or the mini speedy is the lighter one. I am sorry for being so picky. I just hate keep spending money on bags that are not quite the one...and they end up sitting in my closet...