How heavy are the dylans?

mtview

Jul 1, 2007
Hi,

I am contemplating my first LP order. I am spoiled by my current black bag (1/2 nylon + 1/2 leather) because it is super light. My other bags are balenciagas and they are also super light. I am thinking of ordering the mini dylan as an everyday bag. Is it heavy due to all the studs?

I have a BR purse and it has 3 brass buckles and it weighs a ton. I ended up giving it away.

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

sagranch

O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
I have the small Dylan Speedy with the detachable strap with a wallet and a few other items in it and it's not light but not heavy..so about medium I would say. With the mini I am sure you'll find it won't be that heavy at all. Are you thinking of the mini speedy?

mtview

Jul 1, 2007
Thanks for the feedback. I am leaning toward the mini speedy. I was interested in the small speedy in the beginning because I like the option of being able to wear it cross body but I like having front pockets. So I think mini is the one after I can confirm it is not heavy.

ETA: I just saw some modeling pictures of the medium bowler. It looks super cute as well. Choices, choices ...

Last edited:

mtview

Jul 1, 2007
Thanks for everyone's feedback. I love the studs but hate the weight. I am so torn :wondering

A lovely tpfer told me the medium bowler is slightly heavier than a balenciaga city so I am going to take out my city and put all my stuff in and try it out.

aimala00

Feb 3, 2008
I have the Dylan BCA tote. For me, I'd call it a small and light weight bag. It is lighter than my other LPs for sure (my Koobas are all much heavier than this bag). I also have the Dylan patchwork tote in turquoise and I'd call that a medium size and medium weight bag. I love love love the patchwork tote and could carry it all day without it bothering me. (I am about 5'7" and size 10, for reference...)

mtview

Jul 1, 2007
Thanks again for all the feedback. I just emailed LP's cs to see if they can tell me if the medium bowler or the mini speedy is the lighter one. I am sorry for being so picky. I just hate keep spending money on bags that are not quite the one...and they end up sitting in my closet...