How heavy are the contents of your BV?

longchamper

Dec 30, 2009
Being the happy owner of my first BV, I am just looking into the boundaries of it - BV seem very delicate...

There is a thread on what you wear inside your BV, but I didn't notice anything on how much the contents actually weigh.

So, assuming not everyone carries merely lightweight accessories like wallets, keys and make-up bags with them, I have come to ask a horrible, bloodfreezing question - how heavy are the contents of your BV? Does anyone ever carry a laptop in their BV and if so, which bag? And if not, what is the heaviest object you carry?

And is there a BV that in your experience is especially suitable for carrying heavier items like laptops etc?

Sorry, if this thread is repeating something already in the archives!

Being the happy owner of my first BV, I am just looking into the boundaries of it - BV seem very delicate...

There is a thread on what you wear inside your BV, but I didn't notice anything on how much the contents actually weigh.

So, assuming not everyone carries merely lightweight accessories like wallets, keys and make-up bags with them, I have come to ask a horrible, bloodfreezing question - how heavy are the contents of your BV? Does anyone ever carry a laptop in their BV and if so, which bag? And if not, what is the heaviest object you carry?

And is there a BV that in your experience is especially suitable for carrying heavier items like laptops etc?

Sorry, if this thread is repeating something already in the archives!

On days I'm running to an office, I'll load up my cabat (medium PO Calf one). This is what could be inside that has weight to it:

1. A BV medium sized every day bag (i.e. Med. Veneta/Convertible Bag/Drop Bag/Vintage) or small clutch (large flap clutch, knot) filled with everyday items
2. Heels (if it's winter and I'm wearing boots for the drive)
3. A mini laptop
4. Work files
5. Misc. things like umbrella, sunglasses, etc.

The cabat is the only bag I own that I would put shoes, files or a laptop inside of; but most of my other bags are medium sized to small anyway. I've never owned a roma, but others may have opinions on that gorgeous bag!

Last edited:
My copper cabat is my go to bag and it has variously held the following

laptop and various power chords
work files
GM and PM Karos for an H shawl and makeup
Glasses
Sun glasses
A kindle
cell phone
work files
bottled water, etc., etc.,

also once had wafflemaker, flour, eggs, syrup and spatula and other waffle-related goods.

like miss_fancybags my other bags are smaller and not intended to bear a load so to speak. also for me one of the reasons for getting bv is to reduce the load so i don't weigh those things down. '

we need rere to weigh in on her lovely roma!

I put files and an e-book reader along with the typical purse stuff in my nappa maxi veneta. I typically carry a bottle of water, too, which can be quite heavy.

A laptop might be pushing it, even though my laptop only weighs three pounds.