How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
I honestly don't know. I did go downtown and have lunch and went shopping a few days before I tested positive, so it could have been from that. Otherwise I rarely go out except to walk the dog 3x/day. Since I'm double vaxxed and boosted, I was pretty surprised I got it. Probably one of the new variants that's really contagious.
Sadly the boosters and vaccines only last so long and their prime objective is to prevent guaranteed death. They're scrambling to make boosters that will respond to ba4 and ba5.

I'm so sorry you caught it tho. Honestly from the stories that I've heard from those that I know who caught it, you could have caught it anywhere - downtown, lunch, shopping or walking your dog. I wish you a speedy recovery and hopefully no long covid.

Sadly the boosters and vaccines only last so long and their prime objective is to prevent guaranteed death. They're scrambling to make boosters that will respond to ba4 and ba5.

I'm so sorry you caught it tho. Honestly from the stories that I've heard from those that I know who caught it, you could have caught it anywhere - downtown, lunch, shopping or walking your dog. I wish you a speedy recovery and hopefully no long covid.

Thank you, I'm recovered now. I first tested positive on June 24 and finally tested negative on July 1. The only thing I've noticed is that I have trouble sleeping through the night, but that could just be life.

Reactions: hermes_lemming
Thank you, I'm recovered now. I first tested positive on June 24 and finally tested negative on July 1. The only thing I've noticed is that I have trouble sleeping through the night, but that could just be life.
Oh no I am so sorry. Glad you are on the mend. I feel nervous to shop, especially eat out or anywhere I have to take off mask. I really want this be over
and feel safer again to where school, work and shopping don't feel like the hunger games! Do you feel like
after recovering will you be wearing a mask while out again?

I'm one of probably 3 people in my company that wears masks all day everyday at work. My company also never really went to a WFH set up. Thankfully the previous place I was at did. Since changing jobs, I added filtered masks to my daily wardrobe along. I still buy bags and shoes, just not as many. I've bought more fountain pens than I probably should have, though.

Oh no I am so sorry. Glad you are on the mend. I feel nervous to shop, especially eat out or anywhere I have to take off mask. I really want this be over
and feel safer again to where school, work and shopping don't feel like the hunger games! Do you feel like
after recovering will you be wearing a mask while out again?
I'm not sure. I understand I have a lesser chance of getting sick again now that I've had it. Who knows though, there's all sorts of information out there and not everything is accurate.

I'm not sure. I understand I have a lesser chance of getting sick again now that I've had it. Who knows though, there's all sorts of information out there and not everything is accurate.
No disrespect but unfortunately that's not true. Not with these current strains. People are recatching after a month's time. Having it doesn't provide you with any immunity, unlike the prior strains. I do genuinely pray you stay covid free from now on tho.

No disrespect but unfortunately that's not true. Not with these current strains. People are recatching after a month's time. Having it doesn't provide you with any immunity, unlike the prior strains. I do genuinely pray you stay covid free from now on tho.

No offense taken. I still am avoiding crowded places and working from home.

Had my 5th vaxx as the treatment I receive for MS affects my immune system and been working from home since Feb 2020, I think I’ve lost my fearlessness to crowds and public transport so I don’t think I am as independent as I was pre COVID even though I still use a walking stick when out and an elliptical machine at home I am concerned about how working from home might have reduced my walking ability and increased my annoyance at crowds

Had my 5th vaxx as the treatment I receive for MS affects my immune system and been working from home since Feb 2020, I think I’ve lost my fearlessness to crowds and public transport so I don’t think I am as independent as I was pre COVID even though I still use a walking stick when out and an elliptical machine at home I am concerned about how working from home might have reduced my walking ability and increased my annoyance at crowds
Did you get the booster dose? Which vaccine? We saw a few articles about a third booster but there is nothing on the CDC website about it. Did your doctor recommend it? We just had our second booster in April. In the Fall, there is supposed to be a new booster that is supposed to work on some of the newer variants. I wonder why it has taken so long for the boosters to address the new strains.

Did you get the booster dose? Which vaccine? We saw a few articles about a third booster but there is nothing on the CDC website about it. Did your doctor recommend it? We just had our second booster in April. In the Fall, there is supposed to be a new booster that is supposed to work on some of the newer variants. I wonder why it has taken so long for the boosters to address the new strains.

I started w AZ for the first 2 doses, then Pfeizzer for the last 3; here in Australia the 4th dose has now been approved for those between 16 and 64 yrs

This virus has been a nightmare for me. I am considered in the at-risk population. I have an autoimmune disorder and I work in the human services field. I just started a work from home counseling job but as soon as they say we have to go to the office I am going to have to quit. Because of my autoimmune disorder. I just can't risk it. I am currently set to start a doctoral degree in human services but I have been really weighing if I should change career paths and start studying a different subject where I am not put a high risk situation.

This virus has been a nightmare for me. I am considered in the at-risk population. I have an autoimmune disorder and I work in the human services field. I just started a work from home counseling job but as soon as they say we have to go to the office I am going to have to quit. Because of my autoimmune disorder. I just can't risk it. I am currently set to start a doctoral degree in human services but I have been really weighing if I should change career paths and start studying a different subject where I am not put a high risk situation.
I hope you’re not forced to.

Personally I prefer working in office but I take precautions.

I know of colleagues who hasn’t set a foot in office since March 2020 and that’s perfectly fine.

I had covid in the first half of February 2020. At the time, there was very little information about what symptoms to expect. I was sick for about 10 days, then a couple of weeks later, I realized it was covid....my doc concurred, given my symptoms. The lightbulb went off in my head when the guy on CNN talked about having hallucinations, and I had them, too. Two weeks after recovery, I had an antibody test....it was negative.

I know exactly where I got. A couple of days after a visit to my oncologist, and stopping by the grocery store on the way home, I woke up with a sore throat and coughing. All went downhill from there. By day 4, I was crawling to feed my dog and let her outside. But, I never once felt as though I needed to be hospitalized.

I'm independent to a fault, and during the whole event, I never told anyone. My health rebounded to a degree, but was still having brain fog and shortness of breath. My doc sent me to a rheumatologist, and cardiologist. The result was that I have scarring on my lungs, and a heart arrhythmia. Fortunately (or not), in early January 2020 I'd had both tested prior to surgery in mid January.....passed with flying colors so they had recent comparisons.

My life has changed dramatically, but I'm alive and able to enjoy and take proper care of my little dog, and that'll do just fine. Covid and its mutations are here to stay. Please stay vigilant.

I'm just starting to buy normal, ahem, not sweatpants-type clothing again. I don't think I've gotten Covid yet but I have a hard time even believing that since so many people I've spent time with have gotten it. But my company has a big in-person gathering of 3k people in September that I have to be at, so, yikes guess we'll see.

I’ve been sick with Long Covid since April 2021. I understand that having Covid for two weeks sucks but it’s such a trip to hear people having a very difficult time with a typical Covid infection when I’ve been sick for so long. It’s also scary when friends and family get Covid because no one really knows who will come down with Long Covid and who won’t. Most of my friends and fam continue to wear masks and socially distance b/c they’ve seen what I’ve gone through, but it still haunts me. I feel that most people have no idea how bad it can get.

Obviously this has influenced my purchase habits. I was very much a “fun buyer” pre-Covid and now I mostly purchase for comfort and practicality. I find myself gravitating toward fuzzy, furry, or otherwise comfy pieces. I recently bought the new puffy Chanel sandals (which are chic but on the no-frills side) whereas before I probably would have gotten something more bubbly (perhaps a logo print) or something with a heel. I also got my first Chanel 19, which is arguably the most comfortable bag in existence ~ legit feels like toting around a giant marshmallow :smile: Now I’m trying to hunt down the perfect shearling/fluffy bag rn.