How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
Panic buying :rolleyes: How do these people survive every day life seriously? Prior to the pandemic. I always bought bulk. And well before I ran out. You might get sick, you might have a personal emergency. I had an accident and couldn't walk for 2 weeks once. Life happens. Did these panic buyers not learn anything in the last 18 months? Whenever you think about it buy an extra pack of TP, paper towels, etc. Have a little extra on hand to get your through a rough month. You don't have to wait till Dec 1/ omicron and lose your mind. again.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ya some of my regular food items like the cheese I buy, produce items like berries and the brand of lettus I get have been out for a while. I hate buying large amounts of produce because it will go bad before we can finish it. I usually buy small packages for produce. I hate changing dairy brands because certain items make me break out badly.

Panic buying :rolleyes: How do these people survive every day life seriously? Prior to the pandemic. I always bought bulk. And well before I ran out. You might get sick, you might have a personal emergency. I had an accident and couldn't walk for 2 weeks once. Life happens. Did these panic buyers not learn anything in the last 18 months? Whenever you think about it buy an extra pack of TP, paper towels, etc. Have a little extra on hand to get your through a rough month. You don't have to wait till Dec 1/ omicron and lose your mind. again.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Some people don't have room to store extra supplies. I've always stocked up on things, so I don't have to run to the store when we run out and to take advantage of sales. When we bought our current house, one of the selling points is that it has a lot of storage. The previous owners belonged to a church that stressed having a year's worth of supplies.

We have had trouble finding some things, like the specific brand of Swiss cheese we like (but now we've found a substitute we like even better!) and diet Dr. Pepper. During lockdown I couldn't get fresh parmesan, just the pre-grated stuff.

Some people don't have room to store extra supplies. I've always stocked up on things, so I don't have to run to the store when we run out and to take advantage of sales. When we bought our current house, one of the selling points is that it has a lot of storage. The previous owners belonged to a church that stressed having a year's worth of supplies.

We have had trouble finding some things, like the specific brand of Swiss cheese we like (but now we've found a substitute we like even better!) and diet Dr. Pepper. During lockdown I couldn't get fresh parmesan, just the pre-grated stuff.

I guess but I’m not talking about supplies for biosphere 1. I think having a month on hand is plenty. My best friend goes to the store 3 times a week easily. She’s out of cat litter. She’s out of toilet paper. She’s always buying day to day and to me it’s a waste of life. I shop maybe once a month. Once I hit like 6 rolls of TP. Or 2-3 rolls of paper towels I’m buying more. I guess some peoples houses are 600 sq feet or less. But I still think if you plan a month ahead you should have plenty of space and save yourself lots of time and heart ache.

I think at the beginning of the pandemic scientists knew there would be new mutations of this virus, and that it would always be around in one form or another. It was also predicted that we would probably need yearly boosters. We can’t hit the panic button every time one shows up. I guess after nearly two years of this virus I don’t have much panic left in me. Life has to go on, we can’t live in a constant state of fear. I changed from being wary of stepping onto my front porch to being the queen of pragmatic.:smile:

I think at the beginning of the pandemic scientists knew there would be new mutations of this virus, and that it would always be around in one form or another. It was also predicted that we would probably need yearly boosters. We can’t hit the panic button every time one shows up. I guess after nearly two years of this virus I don’t have much panic left in me. Life has to go on, we can’t live in a constant state of fear. I changed from being wary of stepping onto my front porch to being the queen of pragmatic.:smile:
Yup.
I'm getting desensitized too. But still very careful.

Your statement reminds me of the alerts after 911. There would be daily reminders with different level colors of terrorist threats across my television screen early mornings as I prepared for my commute to go to work. Like you mentioned after awhile you become desensitized to these type of media stories and live and enjoy your life to the fullest but just be safe.

I guess but I’m not talking about supplies for biosphere 1. I think having a month on hand is plenty. My best friend goes to the store 3 times a week easily. She’s out of cat litter. She’s out of toilet paper. She’s always buying day to day and to me it’s a waste of life. I shop maybe once a month. Once I hit like 6 rolls of TP. Or 2-3 rolls of paper towels I’m buying more. I guess some peoples houses are 600 sq feet or less. But I still think if you plan a month ahead you should have plenty of space and save yourself lots of time and heart ache.
what about perishables (milk, lettuce, etc)....I go once a week and DH picks up stuff too
Things like cat litter, cat food, paper goods you can stock up on and get once a month or less but you need some fresh food

@sdkitty We usually go to the local market on Friday morning and get local eggs, seafood and veggies. It is actually enjoyable. Some people prefer to buy their produce and cat litter at the same place. I do not. I refuse to think having a months worth of toilet paper on hand is some sort of issue. What is that like 10 rolls?

If you check Japan and China for Covid cases reported via JHU (and also seem to have low vaxx uptake) it's a total flatline. They don't even seem to have Covid...or do you think they are just not reporting it?
Meanwhile US, Canada and the UK are seeing wave after wave. This...is what I don't understand.
No disrespect, I literally don't trust anything published out of China.

Japan was one of the first countries to close their borders due to the big O