How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
It’s ALMOST back to reality here in South Florida regardless of what you hear and see on the news. So many people are moving here from other states it’s crazy. The cases are down, hospitals are fine. Disney etc is open and people are going! Many places are mask free and a covid passport is not required. As of August 10th masks are not required in schools. Right now I can take it off outside the building. as a teacher I always told my students - stay at home if you’re sick. Wash your hands!! I don’t want your cooties! Off topic, it made national news here in Royal palm Beach - some dude shot his wife and baby and then himself in Publix (supermarket) - I shop there often…this pandemic has driven all the people with social emotional needs to do bad things.

It’s ALMOST back to reality here in South Florida regardless of what you hear and see on the news. So many people are moving here from other states it’s crazy. The cases are down, hospitals are fine. Disney etc is open and people are going! Many places are mask free and a covid passport is not required. As of August 10th masks are not required in schools. Right now I can take it off outside the building. as a teacher I always told my students - stay at home if you’re sick. Wash your hands!! I don’t want your cooties! Off topic, it made national news here in Royal palm Beach - some dude shot his wife and baby and then himself in Publix (supermarket) - I shop there often…this pandemic has driven all the people with social emotional needs to do bad things.
I apologize- Some people with SEL needs

I had Covid in early February 2020 (I knew I had it but doctors wouldn’t confirm) so I was a bit daring- my stylist came to my house to do my hair (roots). Plus I’ve been working since August. I haven’t felt sick at all since then - 16 months ago!

To everyone who replied to my post about my reluctance to see the dentist for a cleaning, thank you. I phoned yesterday and someone had cancelled for noon today, so I (reluctantly) took that appointment. The hygienist, who will be getting her second shot in a week, greeted me in only a light gown and a mask. No visor. She said I needed X-ray’s and told me to take off my mask. I asked her if she could put on her visor as she was getting close to me. She complied but I don’t think I should have had to tell her. She then exited and put on a heavier gown. After an hour she told me I would have to return to complete the cleaning as she had run out of time. Oh great another dental visit.:crybaby:Just as I was leaving she said she had a cancellation and could finish my teeth. Crossing my fingers and counting down the days to see if I survive this.:biggrin:

I find it odd that the hygienist didn’t use a face shield in general. My dentist has always worn face shields and masks in cleanings (pre covid). Because stuff splatters all over the area they’re working. Once I wore my glasses during a cleaning and I had to clean them afterwards because of it. Now I take them off and tuck them in my neck of my shirt under the bib so they stay clean. I didn’t go at all last year due to covid and I will be going in a few weeks it was the soonest I could get in on my days off. I have had both shots so I feel better about going.

To everyone who replied to my post about my reluctance to see the dentist for a cleaning, thank you. I phoned yesterday and someone had cancelled for noon today, so I (reluctantly) took that appointment. The hygienist, who will be getting her second shot in a week, greeted me in only a light gown and a mask. No visor. She said I needed X-ray’s and told me to take off my mask. I asked her if she could put on her visor as she was getting close to me. She complied but I don’t think I should have had to tell her. She then exited and put on a heavier gown. After an hour she told me I would have to return to complete the cleaning as she had run out of time. Oh great another dental visit.:crybaby:Just as I was leaving she said she had a cancellation and could finish my teeth. Crossing my fingers and counting down the days to see if I survive this.:biggrin:
Sorry you had a bad experience. We had our cleanings a few months ago after not going for nearly 2 years. Everything went well. The dentist's office looked like a level 4 lab.

Reactions: Chagall
I find it odd that the hygienist didn’t use a face shield in general. My dentist has always worn face shields and masks in cleanings (pre covid). Because stuff splatters all over the area they’re working. Once I wore my glasses during a cleaning and I had to clean them afterwards because of it. Now I take them off and tuck them in my neck of my shirt under the bib so they stay clean. I didn’t go at all last year due to covid and I will be going in a few weeks it was the soonest I could get in on my days off. I have had both shots so I feel better about going.
They don't wear face shields at my clinic. They wear plastic googles and give you some to wear as well.

My dentist wears glasses so maybe that’s why he always wears a face shield but he also wears a mask under the face shield too.
Its out of our hands. I caught covid when I was wearing a face mask under a face shield.

Btw the Indian variant (aka delta variant) is now picking up steam in the US. The delta variant has increased from 2.7% of all cases in May to 9.7% this month, primarily in Texas and Missouri

• Wow
Reactions: 880 and pixiejenna
Its out of our hands. I caught covid when I was wearing a face mask under a face shield.

Btw the Indian variant (aka delta variant) is now picking up steam in the US. The delta variant has increased from 2.7% of all cases in May to 9.7% this month, primarily in Texas and Missouri
Sorry to hear that I thought only the UK was suffering it so annoys me that while I was locked down Jan to March this year tens of thousands were allowed to fly in and out of India to visit family bringing the variant in

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hermes_lemming
It was just announced in my province that all restrictions (including masks) will be removed July 12th. We have reached 70% of ages 12+ vaccinated, and that was the threshold for the last stage of re-open. Also announced this morning, fully vaccinated travelers do not have to quarantine returning home as of July 5th.
Madness even if you avoid the Indian variant there will be others coming along we need to keep the basics forever - hands face space and fresh air - I won’t be giving up mask wearing and I will be keeping well away from people period

My daughter works for our state. Near the beginning of lockdown, they cut everyone's salary 10%. Now the state seems to have a surplus but they aren't restoring their salaries. Everyone wants to continue working at home, but the state is going to make them come in 3 days a week to be fair to those people whose jobs require meeting the public, which is a small percentage of all workers. It would be cheaper for the state and the taxpayers if they let more people continue to work at home. It would also save those employees money and time for commuting and parking. While working at home, employees use their own power and internet - the state doesn't reimburse them for it.