How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
I need a dental cleaning but am nervous to go after just one COVID shot. Am I being silly. Lying there maskless with your mouth open for an hour.:sad:
We have been working on patients (in BC at least) since the pandemic for over a year now. We worked for 9-10 months before anyone was vaccinated. No one in my office, nor any other office that I am aware of has caught or transmitted covid to/from a patient or other coworker. If we had, our profession would have been shut down.

So the pharmacist who intentionally ruined 500 doses of the covid vaccine in Wisconsin was sentenced to 3 years in prison. The maximum amount of time he could have served is 10 years. I feel like he should have gotten the maximum sentence considering we're in the middle of a pandemic. This sentence feels light to me. It also makes you wonder how many times has he done something similar.

Reactions: 880 and mzbaglady1
Colouring my hair (full head highlights) tomorrow for the first time since the pandemic. The appointment will take hours. Usually for long appointments like that they would offer me tea or water. I doubt that would happen now since we are required to wear a mask. I usually don't go that long without drinking anything unless I'm sleeping. Even when I'm watching TV I usually have some water next to me. Any tips on how to get through this appointment comfortably?
I’m getting mine done on Sunday- but I’ve seen my hairdresser 3 times since lockdown was lifted in my area. Masks are required at all times. No talking at shampoo bowl, but we are able to brings drinks and snacks along. So I usually bring coffee and my water flask.

Definitely, this pandemic changed a lot things. Personally, i had to stop going in person to school, learn only with online class. Also, i had to stop seeing friends and family. Maybe these are the bigger reasons but it only remains to see the positive side. The contamination decreased, i had the time to share a lot of time with my sisters and my fathers and I don't have to get up early to go to school anymore

I think signing waivers is up to the discretion of the business. Some hair and nail salons have required it, others have not. I live near the Napa Valley wine country and some wineries require it when you make reservations, others do not. :confused1:

I need a dental cleaning but am nervous to go after just one COVID shot. Am I being silly. Lying there maskless with your mouth open for an hour.:sad:
I think all dental personnel are masked, shielded and have had vaccinations (At least where I am located). It should be okay, but if you would be more comfortable, could you wait until your second shot?

post covid, crowds are the concern (I’m sometimes a bit nervous if waiting rooms are crowded even with a seat or two spaced apart). But here is an article that gave me pause in the sense of what were these customers thinking? Some indonesian McDonald’s branches had to shut down due to over crowding (and fear of becoming a covid hot spot) as a result of the high demand for a meal that was done in collaboration with popular Korean boy band BTS
McDonald's BTS meals: Indonesia branches forced to shut due to high orders https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-57426198

Last edited:
I've been at least 5 times throughout all this, including fillings, an abscess and an extraction and my dentist and her team have been masked, visored and gowned. I had not been jabbed at all for at least 2 visits, jabbed once for a couple of visits I think, and jabbed twice for my final visit.
During all this, they had their one jab, then 2 jabs, waaay before me (being frontline staff), but Covid hygiene was front and foremost in all that they did.

Thanks everyone. I’m a bit nervous because we are just coming out of a lockdown Friday. Anyway I can’t procrastinate any longer. :biggrin:
I got a cleaning/ scaling (no aerosol) last June when the office reopened and then in January with aerosol. The semi open area for four patients had been outfitted with heavy weight plastic strips partitioning off each area. Then I chipped a bit of tooth off (thank you Kind bar) and ended up getting a crown last month. All went well and they take every precaution.

Reactions: Chagall
I think all dental personnel are masked, shielded and have had vaccinations (At least where I am located). It should be okay, but if you would be more comfortable, could you wait until your second shot?

post covid, crowds are the concern (I’m sometimes a bit nervous if waiting rooms are crowded even with a seat or two spaced apart). But here is an article that gave me pause in the sense of what were these customers thinking? Some indonesian McDonald’s branches had to shut down due to over crowding (and fear of becoming a covid hot spot) as a result of the high demand for a meal that was done in collaboration with popular Korean boy band BTS
McDonald's BTS meals: Indonesia branches forced to shut due to high orders https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-57426198
I walked by a McDonald’s and thought about going in for a BTS happy meal as a post covid treat