How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
We are so behind in the COVID shots. They are still doing group homes and essential workers. They are hoping to start the 80 year olds and up sometime soon. Then starting the end of March or April if we are lucky everyone 60 up to 80 will start to get their shots. The 50 and up will have to wait. They are hoping to get everyone done by September. I spoke to our health unit Saturday and they said this all depends on availability and there are no guarantees! We live in one of the wealthiest countries in the world. This is disgraceful.

I had my 1st jab last week. I’m asthmatic and there’s been some uncertainty about how severe asthma has to be to qualify for the current tranche, so was very relieved to get the text. Vaccination at my local GP practice, and I was impressed how slick the process was, and how many people they were going through. My follow up appt already came through by text too.
The UK government has stuffed up many aspects of managing the pandemic, but the vaccine rollout is being handled very well.

I am curious. To those of you that have done any online doctor or therapy appointments. Did you like the experience and do you hope to keep that option up after the pandemic subsides? Or would you prefer to go back to all in person doctor visits?
I didn't do online but we had a few phone appointments. I think it would depend on the appointment. I have one doctor who I don't really need to see but have to see once a year to get my prescriptions renewed. That one was fine by phone, and I'd want to continue with it. DH had a few phone appointments with his cardiologist. The doctor was frustrated at not being able to check his vitals, even though we were able to provide him with DH's blood pressure. He changed doctors and the new cardiologist insists on in person appointments. I think the type of appointment in which they just ask you how you are doing can be done remotely. Or if you have had the problem before and just need a prescription. However, this is risky. I've had many eye infections in my life and thought I just had another one, but when I went to the doctor, it turned out to be a viral infection rather than bacterial so the medication was different. The doctor wouldn't have known that without a real examination. If I had a new issue, I would want to do it IRL.

I am curious. To those of you that have done any online doctor or therapy appointments. Did you like the experience and do you hope to keep that option up after the pandemic subsides? Or would you prefer to go back to all in person doctor visits?
For me in person. Chiropractic in person. Mammogram in person. Ear nose and throat doctor in person. Because I had a long history with one of my doctors he was able to fill out my medical paperwork by phone and fax when I had to go into self quarantine.

Reactions: LemonDrop

I had some phone appointments with my therapist, and really liked the option. Since all we do in person is talk, it's so much more convenient to do it over the phone and save travel time.

We are so behind in the COVID shots. They are still doing group homes and essential workers. They are hoping to start the 80 year olds and up sometime soon. Then starting the end of March or April if we are lucky everyone 60 up to 80 will start to get their shots. The 50 and up will have to wait. They are hoping to get everyone done by September. I spoke to our health unit Saturday and they said this all depends on availability and there are no guarantees! We live in one of the wealthiest countries in the world. This is disgraceful.
Aren't people over 80 getting the vaccine? Our state is still vaccinating people >65. It's very slow.

Aren't people over 80 getting the vaccine? Our state is still vaccinating people >65. It's very slow.
They haven’t started the people over 80 yet in our province. They are only doing people in long care homes and their support workers. Next will be the over 80’s, then the 60 and older but it could be months. Very behind most of the rest of the world!

Reactions: Chanbal
They haven’t started the people over 80 yet in our province. They are only doing people in long care homes and their support workers. Next will be the over 80’s, then the 60 and older but it could be months. Very behind most of the rest of the world!
I'm thankful I live in a small county. I suspect that if I lived in a heavily populated county, like Los Angeles, I would have had to wait a lot longer.

Reactions: Sunshine mama
I'm thankful I live in a small county. I suspect that if I lived in a heavily populated county, like Los Angeles, I would have had to wait a lot longer.
I live in a big country but it doesn’t have anywhere the population of the States. It should have been much easier to administer the vaccine. We haven’t even started vaccinating the general population of any age in my province, and there are no guarantees as to when they will. Israel has nearly finished with much of their population. Some countries are vaccinating around the clock.

Reactions: whateve
My brother had an online doc appointment and was given a cough med prescription for his covid. It made it a lot better for him. He had a positive experience.

Reactions: Chanbal and JenJBS
Most of Europe is a disaster. I am in Germany and my MIL (over 80) got an appointment for March. Second shot in April. At this point, I am not expecting to get the vaccine any time before the end of the Summer...
My parents are finally getting their 2nd doses of Moderna today. I have no idea when we'll be getting our 1st. It's a guessing game right now.
I hope in a couple of weeks, I can actually go over to their place, and they could come to our place. I hope. It seems like nothing is certain at this moment, especially since the new covid variants are popping up here and there.

I've done follow-up visits with my dermatologist and I didn't like it. I don't think it's possible to accurately diagnose most issues online.
But since it was a follow-up, I was OK with it. For an initial consult, I would only do it face to face.