How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
Unfortunately not every state is doing this. My state hasn’t opened up vaccines to anyone not in certain essential worker categories or under 75. I think it’s just outrageous that 65 and medically compromised aren’t a higher priority than young healthy “essential” workers.

Someone who is 65 and medically compromised can stay home, and safe. The essential workers have to go out to work and risk infection. I think they deserve to be a higher priority as they are at much greater risk of getting infected.

Someone who is 65 and medically compromised can stay home, and safe. The essential workers have to go out to work and risk infection. I think they deserve to be a higher priority as they are at much greater risk of getting infected.
Young and healthy workers are at a much lower risk of hospitalization and death. Not all 65 yo and medically compromised are retired or working from home even if they aren’t categorized as essential workers, they can’t all just hunker down at home like you seem to think. The priority for vaccines should be for those most at risk for death, not infection. This is a value judgement and I think it’s wrong to not prioritize people who are more at risk of dying. It makes sense to have people like healthcare workers and frontline workers like firefighters be at the front of the line because they are needed to prevent deaths, but a 20 yo working part time at a grocery store should NOT be ahead of a 74 year old!

Young and healthy workers are at a much lower risk of hospitalization and death. Not all 65 yo and medically compromised are retired or working from home even if they aren’t categorized as essential workers, they can’t all just hunker down at home like you seem to think. The priority for vaccines should be for those most at risk for death, not infection. This is a value judgement and I think it’s wrong to not prioritize people who are more at risk of dying. It makes sense to have people like healthcare workers and frontline workers like firefighters be at the front of the line because they are needed to prevent deaths, but a 20 yo working part time at a grocery store should NOT be ahead of a 74 year old!

As you say, it's a value judgement, which means people are going to disagree. I believe it should be based on risk of infection. Even if Covid doesn't kill someone immediately, it can cause severe organ damage. Organ damage that could eventually shorten that person's life by years.

I have friends who are young and healthy, but have children with severe medical issues, who are almost certain to die if they get Covid because their young, healthy parents who are essential workers have no choice but to work and risk infection - meaning they risk infecting their medically vulnerable child.

Last edited:
But not of serious illness and death priority had to be those who are at risk of death and life changing serious illness

• Sad
Reactions: JenJBS and whateve
As you say, it's a value judgement, which means people are going to disagree. I believe it should be based on risk of infection. Even if Covid doesn't kill someone immediately, it can cause severe organ damage. Organ damage that could eventually shorten that person's life by years.

I have friends who are young and healthy, but have children with severe medical issues, who are almost certain to die if they get Covid because their young, healthy parents who are essential workers have no choice but to work and risk infection - meaning they risk infecting their medically vulnerable child.
Check the ages of those who have died a minuscule number are under 30 even with severe underlying conditions age is a much higher factor so the oldest over 50 need protection first

• Sad
Reactions: JenJBS and whateve
I am really surprised flight attendants weren't high up on the vaccination list in the USA. We aren't required to quarantine on return to USA. Or after flying around the USA. Can you imagine if we caught a different strain how many people we could possibly pass it to? How many areas of the country one flight attendant could pass it to?

But not of serious illness and death priority had to be those who are at risk of death and life changing serious illness

Sorry to vent, but it feels like no one cares about the risks those of us deemed essential workers have faced every day for almost a year now.

What about the long term damage to their organs that Covid can cause? That damage may cause them to need a life changing organ transplant, or even end up shortening their lives by years. What about the young people who are still sick months and months after getting Covid, and may never be fully healthy again? I would call that life changing.

My friend's dad (who is also one of my dad's closest friends) got diagnosed on the 29th and hospitalized on the 15th. He was doing fairly well, considering, and then he took a turn for the worst. We are all very worried about him, to say the least. He's the same age as my dad and that's not young.

He was not as careful as he should have been... visiting many people, going out to eat and to bars, etc. I spoke with him on the phone around the 3rd or 4th and he expressed his regret for not taking things more seriously.

Our vaccine's start to roll out next Monday the 22nd. First is the Pfizer shot, which will go to our frontline workers, those who work with the elderly and elderly patients and those on disability.

The second vaccine is the AstraZeneca which will start to roll out early next month. This vaccine is being made here and they have already started to make it and started to distribute it around Australia.

Waiting for today's announcement about the 5 day Lockdown, which is suppose to end at 11.59 pm tonight. We won't know until later today - But there will be restrictions on gatherings and so forth. Just what restrictions is still unknown at this point AND if we will stay on lockdown. We shouldn't be though, the cluster has been contained, no community spread, so there really is NO reason to keep us on lockdown.

Reactions: whateve
My friend's dad (who is also one of my dad's closest friends) got diagnosed on the 29th and hospitalized on the 15th. He was doing fairly well, considering, and then he took a turn for the worst. We are all very worried about him, to say the least. He's the same age as my dad and that's not young.

He was not as careful as he should have been... visiting many people, going out to eat and to bars, etc. I spoke with him on the phone around the 3rd or 4th and he expressed his regret for not taking things more seriously.
He you your friend and your dad are in my prayers stay strong x

Reactions: Transported
Sorry to vent, but it feels like no one cares about the risks those of us deemed essential workers have faced every day for almost a year now.

What about the long term damage to their organs that Covid can cause? That damage may cause them to need a life changing organ transplant, or even end up shortening their lives by years. What about the young people who are still sick months and months after getting Covid, and may never be fully healthy again? I would call that life changing.
It’s not that people don’t care. I do think essential workers should be a higher priority than the general public, but AFTER the population that is most at risk of death. This is why I think we need better PPE for everyone and better environmental controls to manage ventilation because let’s face the facts - a cloth mask does very little.