How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
As somebody who has long Covid, I really don't get your post, but then again, maybe you think you are immune, maybe you think long term health problems will not mess with you, anyway, I prefer to be away from people who don't grasp how serious it is, but hey, if you enjoy all of the above, be my guest, however I hope you don't shed and infect sentinent beings. I hope you grasp reality, and that you don't need to be infected to do so, until then, I think I can simply ignore your weird rants. Maybe at one point in time you develop social conscience, I doubt it, until then, bye, be well
As I understand it, she does suffer from serious long-term health problems and is unable to get much needed treatments due to the lengthy COVID lockdown. The frustration and worry about possibility dying from lack of treatment during lockdown has to be immense.

The businesses in your area must really be suffering.

It's actually really bad here & sad - A couple who own a hairdresser shop opened for business yesterday only to be slapped with a $10K fine & forced to close. They stated to the reporters that they will reopen again today, the Police will be at the shop door stopping them from doing so. These businesses (Hairdressers, just to name a few) have been closed for 7 months so far and going by what he announced yesterday, nothing is going to reopen for at least another week or two.

Business owners are chomping at the bit to open & waiting for when they can reopen. Todays announcement cannot come quick enough. We most certainly are NOT in a state of emergency, this is just our state leader enforcing stage 4 restrictions and the power that goes with it. So if and when we ever reopen he can force us back on lockdown.

As I understand it, she does suffer from serious long-term health problems and is unable to get much needed treatments due to the lengthy COVID lockdown. The frustration and worry about possibility dying from lack of treatment during lockdown has to be immense.

THANK YOU!! :heart::heart::heart::hugs::hugs:You are absolutely correct!

I'm not going to bring myself down to that level & respond to that post. Absolutely hasn't READ or followed my posts on this Thread.

The past few days we’ve had over 4000 new cases in my state today is 3600. I don’t really understand the metrics but we’re now up to 5% and 34 counties are at the warning level. Basically once we hit 8% Or 7 consecutive days of increased cases & hospital cases/running out of room in hospitals it’s back to lockdown/restrictions. The reason why I don’t get it is because we have like 4 times as many cases vs when we were on actual lockdown. So I feel like what was the point of the lockdown if we’re semi open and have tons of cases? I honestly expect another lockdown sometime after Halloween based on how our numbers are going up and so many people who want to still participate typical Halloween activities like trick Or treating and parties.

The past few days we’ve had over 4000 new cases in my state today is 3600. I don’t really understand the metrics but we’re now up to 5% and 34 counties are at the warning level. Basically once we hit 8% Or 7 consecutive days of increased cases & hospital cases/running out of room in hospitals it’s back to lockdown/restrictions. The reason why I don’t get it is because we have like 4 times as many cases vs when we were on actual lockdown. So I feel like what was the point of the lockdown if we’re semi open and have tons of cases? I honestly expect another lockdown sometime after Halloween based on how our numbers are going up and so many people who want to still participate typical Halloween activities like trick Or treating and parties.
Your state cases are about the same as ours. I haven’t heard anything about a lockdown and I don’t think it would hold in my state anyway. I can’t figure out where the positive cases are coming from?? The university cases have gone down so it’s not from there....

Reactions: lulu212121 and RT1
Your state cases are about the same as ours. I haven’t heard anything about a lockdown and I don’t think it would hold in my state anyway. I can’t figure out where the positive cases are coming from?? The university cases have gone down so it’s not from there....

If we’re at 5% now it’s not hard to imagine it going past 8% a week or two after Halloween. I don’t know how my state would handle a second lock down tons of people protested the first one and I feel like it would be even worse if we had a round two. I feel like if it were to happen we’ll have massive riots.

Many businesses are barely holding on as is especially restaurants open at limited capacity and the weather really turning cold this week, outdoor dining will not be a option. My work sells patio heaters as a seasonal item and every time they came in they sold out in a hour all the restaurants were buying them up. Some downtown have actually created like private clear tents with heaters to try to keep customers comfortable and stay open. I;m in the Midwest and we have harsh winters.

I think that in my state the rise is due to people just being tired of following the restrictions like wearing masks/small groups/ect and not following them. I work retail and I’d say it’s about a 60/40 mix of people wearing masks properly in my store about 40% are wearing them under their noses. Some schools are open it depends on where you are some doing only elearning, some hybrid, and some full capacity. I think that some of the increases are from the schools but not the majority of them as they’ve been open for a month and a half now. Talking about things selling out every time we get air purifiers they also sell out about a hour after getting them and sadly I believe it’s teachers buying them for thier class rooms or others buying it for their kids classrooms when they don’t have them. Like teachers don’t spend enough of their own money on basic school supplies now their buying these too. :sad:

• Wow
Reactions: limom, RT1 and 880
THANK YOU!! :heart::heart::heart::hugs::hugs:You are absolutely correct!

I'm not going to bring myself down to that level & respond to that post. Absolutely hasn't READ or followed my posts on this Thread.

I’m sorry I know you’re suffering, the other poster is too. None of this is easy And there are no good answers, just least worst options these days.

Update: Our much anticipated announcement from our state leader on HIS road map out of lockdown.

1. The travel radius which was at 5 kilometer's has been expanded to 25 kilometer's and people are able to leave their homes for as long as they like, under a relaxed set of coronavirus restrictions that kicked in from midnight.
  2. Scrapping the two-hour time limit for exercise and socializing.
  3. Allowing groups of up to 10 people, from two households, to gather in public outdoor areas.
  4. Reopening outdoor sports settings like tennis courts, golf courses (only 2 people at one time) and skateparks.
  5. Allowing outdoor swimming pools to host up to 30 swimmers.
  6. Allowing outdoor real estate auctions to go ahead, with up to 10 people, plus staff.
  7. Permitting non-essential outdoor home maintenance, with up to five workers.
  8. Resuming face-to-face consultations at many allied health services.
  9. Allowing hairdressers to open.
NOTHING else is reopening until the 2nd of November - Of which, will only be reopened depending on the number of daily cases being below no more then 5 - No retail stores, beauty, restaurant's, you name it, only hairdressers are allowed to open as from midnight last night. We are all going to live in fear of being put on lockdown again until March next year when the one time 6 month extension health bill expires & our state leader won't have the power to put us in lockdown again. It will now take us to 16 Straight weeks or 4 Months of being in lockdown so far.​
I'm not surprised at all that nothing is reopening, the only surprise is he is allowing hairdressers to reopen that's about it.​
I still don't know what affect this will have with my and others health issue's and all the referral's I have that I simply still am yet to get appointments from. I'm still waiting for when I'm getting my much needed back surgery done. I've heard absolutely nothing???? I could be waiting until next year.​

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: RT1 and 880
Update: Our much anticipated announcement from our state leader on HIS road map out of lockdown.

1. The travel radius which was at 5 kilometer's has been expanded to 25 kilometer's and people are able to leave their homes for as long as they like, under a relaxed set of coronavirus restrictions that kicked in from midnight.
  2. Scrapping the two-hour time limit for exercise and socializing.
  3. Allowing groups of up to 10 people, from two households, to gather in public outdoor areas.
  4. Reopening outdoor sports settings like tennis courts, golf courses (only 2 people at one time) and skateparks.
  5. Allowing outdoor swimming pools to host up to 30 swimmers.
  6. Allowing outdoor real estate auctions to go ahead, with up to 10 people, plus staff.
  7. Permitting non-essential outdoor home maintenance, with up to five workers.
  8. Resuming face-to-face consultations at many allied health services.
  9. Allowing hairdressers to open.
NOTHING else is reopening until the 2nd of November - Of which, will only be reopened depending on the number of daily cases being below no more then 5 - No retail stores, beauty, restaurant's, you name it, only hairdressers are allowed to open as from midnight last night. We are all going to live in fear of being put on lockdown again until March next year when the one time 6 month extension health bill expires & our state leader won't have the power to put us in lockdown again. It will now take us to 16 Straight weeks or 4 Months of being in lockdown so far.​
I'm not surprised at all that nothing is reopening, the only surprise is he is allowing hairdressers to reopen that's about it.​
I still don't know what affect this will have with my and others health issue's and all the referral's I have that I simply still am yet to get appointments from. I'm still waiting for when I'm getting my much needed back surgery done. I've heard absolutely nothing???? I could be waiting until next year.​
This is an interesting set of restrictions. As far as I know, outdoor swimming pools were closed in my area all summer, at least that was the case with my daughter's apartment building. There was never a restriction on outdoor home maintenance (I wonder if this includes gardeners). In our area unmowed lawns are considered fire hazards. We had people over to work on our pool and our sprinkler system. We also had work done inside the house with 3 workers several months ago when our lockdown had the most restrictions. Most doctor's offices, including nonessential services, have been running as usual, with the exception that everyone was supposed to wear a mask and they took your temperature. My husband's doctor insists on seeing him in person rather than doing phone visits.

I hope you don't have to wait much longer for your surgery.

If we’re at 5% now it’s not hard to imagine it going past 8% a week or two after Halloween. I don’t know how my state would handle a second lock down tons of people protested the first one and I feel like it would be even worse if we had a round two. I feel like if it were to happen we’ll have massive riots.

Many businesses are barely holding on as is especially restaurants open at limited capacity and the weather really turning cold this week, outdoor dining will not be a option. My work sells patio heaters as a seasonal item and every time they came in they sold out in a hour all the restaurants were buying them up. Some downtown have actually created like private clear tents with heaters to try to keep customers comfortable and stay open. I;m in the Midwest and we have harsh winters.

I think that in my state the rise is due to people just being tired of following the restrictions like wearing masks/small groups/ect and not following them. I work retail and I’d say it’s about a 60/40 mix of people wearing masks properly in my store about 40% are wearing them under their noses. Some schools are open it depends on where you are some doing only elearning, some hybrid, and some full capacity. I think that some of the increases are from the schools but not the majority of them as they’ve been open for a month and a half now. Talking about things selling out every time we get air purifiers they also sell out about a hour after getting them and sadly I believe it’s teachers buying them for thier class rooms or others buying it for their kids classrooms when they don’t have them. Like teachers don’t spend enough of their own money on basic school supplies now their buying these too. :sad:
I’m in the Midwest and experiencing probably about the same as you. So much anger about the masks and capacity restrictions.

• Sad
Reactions: RT1
I’m in NYC, in a neighborhood that is relatively covid free. DH and I do our best to follow mask and social distancing guidelines and support local business. My MIL has been diagnosed with a serious medical issue and we’re grateful she can receive the best care in the remaining time And that we can travel by car to be with his parents. I feel terribly for those people who cannot get the care they need and for the businesses that suffer from covid and for the other poster who must be equally frustrated. covid has changed a lot of things for all of us.