How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
Hi Monera - I have taken a few flights (both international and domestic) since December 2021. Please continue with your masking and be diligent with sanitizing/washing. On top of the tips/advice from other members here, I suggest you make it a point to toss the N95 mask/s after you land and put on a fresh one. If anything any virus would have landed on your mask and not into your nose or on your face. Just my 0.02 cents. You will be fine :yes: Do come back and share with us your experience.
Thanks for the encouragement. :idea:That's something I hadn't considered yet; I was thinking I would put on the same mask after eating but now I will make sure to bring some extras and switch to fresh ones just to be safe.

Reactions: Mariapia
Yup I've never seen a strain this contagious nor fast moving before.

I've decided to pass on a small outdoor gathering of a dozen or so folks. They will not be social distancing and it's an hour drive away each way.
I also have passed on a family reunion and it was about 12 people some flying in. I don't like to be the only one with a mask. Last time I felt horrible being the only one wearing a mask I felt like I was an outcast as everyone else was carefree and they kept telling me to take off my mask and I felt as if I was ruining their fun. It made them uneasy and I am uncomfortable going without a mask. I have not gotten it yet and really don't see a reason not to use a little caution.

I also have passed on a family reunion and it was about 12 people some flying in. I don't like to be the only one with a mask. Last time I felt horrible being the only one wearing a mask I felt like I was an outcast as everyone else was carefree and they kept telling me to take off my mask and I felt as if I was ruining their fun. It made them uneasy and I am uncomfortable going without a mask. I have not gotten it yet and really don't see a reason not to use a little caution.
Ignore them. If they're not invested in the well being of their guests then they're not very conscientious hosts. You're not a party pooper. If covid was done with us, why are they suddenly considering approving the second booster?

So far I haven't seen any reliable scientific data as to why some people never caught covid repeatedly being exposed to someone who tested positive. I keep hearing stories from various people male and female who had several close contact of sick people and never tested positive.
I know I read possible blood type and immune system might be a factor as to why someone wouldn't become infected.

I hope they figure this out in our lifetime, I'd be so interested to hear as well. For example, my dad has been in close contact with both me and my brother on separate occasions, my brother when he had Delta and me with Omicron, and spent a long time with us the day or two before testing positive and never caught it. He's been exposed by other people at his work as well. So glad for him, but so interested in the data here!

Wow, another reason to skip the high school reunion this summer. Although, if I wore a mask I could hide my saggy chin. :biggrin:

So one of my managers has had some PS some of it minor. She’s been wanting to do a chin lift, she’s done kybella and said it didn’t work for her. She lost some of the fat but it gave her a turkey gobble. She was hoping to get the surgery and then hiding under a face mask/neck gator/scarf while recovering from it. Then they lifted the mask mandate we’re we live and she felt like she missed out on the opportunity to do it and hiding the recovery. She has since moved and I don’t think that anyone really wears a mask where she moved so if she did wear one she’d stick out like a sore thumb.

Reactions: Vanilla Bean
Ignore them. If they're not invested in the well being of their guests then they're not very conscientious hosts. You're not a party pooper. If covid was done with us, why are they suddenly considering approving the second booster?
Thank you! That really makes me feel better. I just feel like it is okay to be cautious at this time as my boss was just out for over 2 weeks with covid and it sounded awful. The vaccine did not work, but it was worth a "shot" J/K LOL!

Reactions: hermes_lemming
Thank you! That really makes me feel better. I just feel like it is okay to be cautious at this time as my boss was just out for over 2 weeks with covid and it sounded awful. The vaccine did not work, but it was worth a "shot" J/K LOL!
Its literally taking out all the directors and above in my company. Every day I learn of 1-2 new folks who caught it. Majority seem to have caught it from either 4 of July weekend and travel.

I was nervous about catching it at 4th of July fireworks because I didn’t wear a mask and obviously lots of people around us. Even though it was outside the possibly was still there. I tried to sit further back than normal but obviously people crowd up for the show. We were somewhat separated until the show and lots of families crowdEd up. I do feel like it was somewhat less crowded due to the shooting that happened earlier in the day in highland park. Luckily my dad and I didn’t get sick, he’s got about a week left of radiation. So if we got sick that would have prolonged his treatment.

One of my in-laws got COVID and was having a really hard time, but then she got approved for paxlovoid and it was like she was instantly better. That was a few weeks ago and now she seems to have random symptoms like being tired, which makes me wonder whether it might be the start of long COVID.

She decided to travel to visit some relatives and that's how she got infected. She had been fine up until that point. My husband is going on travel for work in August and I'm really scared for him.

Reactions: CoolCustomer
I was nervous about catching it at 4th of July fireworks because I didn’t wear a mask and obviously lots of people around us. Even though it was outside the possibly was still there. I tried to sit further back than normal but obviously people crowd up for the show. We were somewhat separated until the show and lots of families crowdEd up. I do feel like it was somewhat less crowded due to the shooting that happened earlier in the day in highland park. Luckily my dad and I didn’t get sick, he’s got about a week left of radiation. So if we got sick that would have prolonged his treatment.
I am so sad and devastated about HP….:sad:

I’ve been back the gym for awhile still wearing a mask but barely anyone does now. Sometimes I get weird looks ( I think?) but just not comfortable going there without a mask on. I go at a later time now, not as crowded…I actually see more people wearing masks at the grocery store than the gym. Makes me wonder sometimes what I am missing?

Reactions: Tygriss