How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
Hi, we are invited to a wedding celebration in London mid of June. Our concern is that since restrictions in UK, no masks & no antigen rapid test, are no more in place, how do we, 4th booster, deal with this situation without offending the other guests/hosts? Anyone going through this experience and have some thoughts?

Any members from UK have some thoughts/advice? or experience?

Hi, we are invited to a wedding celebration in London mid of June. Our concern is that since restrictions in UK, no masks & no antigen rapid test, are no more in place, how do we, 4th booster, deal with this situation without offending the other guests/hosts? Anyone going through this experience and have some thoughts?

When it comes to the safety of your health you have to do what's best for you. Not sure if you have to submit a negative test result to return back home follow all safety guidelines and try not to worry about who might get offended.

Reactions: Gantrioch
My work isn't taking any extra precautions for a while once our state lifted the mask mandate a few months ago. I've continued to wear a mask and cases at work have gone up. At one point I was testing myself daily because of the surgeries my dad had scheduled and so many people around me getting sick. If I got sick that would have canceled his surgeries. I’m probably one of a handful of people still wearing a mask at work we have over 300 employees.

I still wear a mask anytime I’m outside my own house I double or even triple mask where there are loads of people

Don’t be afraid to speak up and make others aware of your concerns I always double or triple mask - hopefully the venue will have precautions in place - air filtration etc ? Ring them and ask

When it comes to the safety of your health you have to do what's best for you. Not sure if you have to submit a negative test result to return back home follow all safety guidelines and try not to worry about who might get offended.
Don’t be afraid to speak up and make others aware of your concerns I always double or triple mask - hopefully the venue will have precautions in place - air filtration etc ? Ring them and ask

Thank you for your response! :flowers:
@mzbaglady1, my country Germany has also stopped all the restrictions, no negative test to return back.

The host has in the meanwhile asked the guests to do an antigen rapid test on my request. I have also decided that I will wear the mask whenever I feel the need to. Otherwise I will just keep myself with the family who will be tested and not mix around with other guests.

Thank you for your response! :flowers:
@mzbaglady1, my country Germany has also stopped all the restrictions, no negative test to return back.

The host has in the meanwhile asked the guests to do an antigen rapid test on my request. I have also decided that I will wear the mask whenever I feel the need to. Otherwise I will just keep myself with the family who will be tested and not mix around with other guests.
That is a good plan, short of not going at all. One thing I read, that may be helpful, is to avoid areas where people are talking loudly. The louder unmasked people talk, the more aerosol is in the air. People speak louder to be heard over loud music. So, look for quieter areas, as they will be safer for you.

Reactions: Cheddar Cheese
wondering if you all still sharing pen for signature on receipts or any docs? I haven't done this for a while, but today I have slight anxiety using pen handed to me by the front bank clerk. I feel that the pen has been shared with so many people. Since covid I think I'm used to be everything contactless sigh.

Last edited:
wondering if you all still sharing pen for signature on receipts or any docs? I haven't done this for a while, but today I have slight anxiety using pen handed to me by the front bank clerk. I feel that the pen has been shared with so many people. Since covid I think I'm used to be everything contactless sigh.
I do but use hand sanitizer when I am done. I also use hand sanitizer after signing for a purchase made with my credit card or after receiving change when I pay with cash.

I do but use hand sanitizer when I am done. I also use hand sanitizer after signing for a purchase made with my credit card or after receiving change when I pay with cash.
thank you, glad to know people are still doing that too, do you touch your wallet first before sanitizer or after sanitizer? this is my anxiety, but I wish I could sanitize my hand before touching my belonging, but there's no way to do that as I scared I ruined my wallet or my bag.

Reactions: Toby93
thank you, glad to know people are still doing that too, do you touch your wallet first before sanitizer or after sanitizer? this is my anxiety, but I wish I could sanitize my hand before touching my belonging, but there's no way to do that as I scared I ruined my wallet or my bag.
I usually slip the card back in before I sign. When I touch money I usually push it into the open pocket, use hand sanitizer and then zip it.

Reactions: fsadeli
I usually slip the card back in before I sign. When I touch money I usually push it into the open pocket, use hand sanitizer and then zip it.
you're well prepared than me. I wish I have known before hand. the clerk asked me to sign and then afterwards asked for my card so I have to search in my bag after signing. The thought of should've washed it after gave me panic attack. I know I should've taken this easy as things happen. I never thought about it for a second precovid

I use tap payment s lot and I never used it precovid. I will sanitize my hands usually when I get to my car. I didn't use cash much before covid but even less now. But it's generally not transmitted much by touching infected surfaces. It's spread by aerosol so breathing in droplets of someone who talking/coughing/sneezing while infected. Next time carry a pen in a outer pocket of your bag if you feel uncomfortable touching a communal pen. You can also get one of those hand sanitizers that you can attach to your bag and switch over to a more durable bag/wallet so you don't have to worry about ruining them.

Reactions: smallfry
Wow! Anyway…the CDC is reporting that Covid is high for my area. I see new people (the ones moving from other states- wearing masks) but mostly for the past school year hardly anyone wears a mask unless they’re sick. The different variants have gone around and on my job it’s mostly teachers or students with health or weight issues that are/were getting the bad symptoms. Those teachers had shots and boosters too. I strongly encouraged my students to stay home if they felt sick but the parents had to work. I still have my plexi glass barrier and air filter for my classroom but the kids would walk all around the room, touching everything, coughing without covering their mouth etc. I’m glad I’m off until August! If anyone has little kids/grandkids- tell them to stay in their seat/area when they start school!! Lol

Wow! Anyway…the CDC is reporting that Covid is high for my area. I see new people (the ones moving from other states- wearing masks) but mostly for the past school year hardly anyone wears a mask unless they’re sick. The different variants have gone around and on my job it’s mostly teachers or students with health or weight issues that are/were getting the bad symptoms. Those teachers had shots and boosters too. I strongly encouraged my students to stay home if they felt sick but the parents had to work. I still have my plexi glass barrier and air filter for my classroom but the kids would walk all around the room, touching everything, coughing without covering their mouth etc. I’m glad I’m off until August! If anyone has little kids/grandkids- tell them to stay in their seat/area when they start school!! Lol

Liam Neeson has been filming in Donegal in Ireland for some weeks it’s so good to see the entire crew have been masking for the entire time - respect - it isn’t required by law there any more but they are sensible kind people following the sensible approach to keep themselves and others safe - as an aside LN also visited a charity looking after Ukrainian refugees in Ireland on a day off filming and he spent 3-4 hours there not the obligatory 15 mins for the press and he took presents for the kids that he had gone and bought himself