How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
Has anyone else gotten super lazy with your appearance? I used to enjoy mornings of putting makeup on and getting ready. Now I don’t get dressed several days a week. I put makeup on about twice a week.

I tried Stitch Fix and ThredUp good boxes recently. They sent some decent clothes. I kept a few things and have realized I have no where to wear them. I have no need for new clothes, except maybe lounge wear.

Life is so blah.

Yes, I have become the poster child for "letting myself go." I wore makeup to my dentist appointment last week and that was a big deal since it was the first time I'd worn any in months. Can't be bothered with jewelry either. I had to make myself put a pair of earrings in the other day and that was only because I didn't want the holes to start closing up. :biggrin:

On the plus side I have saved a ton of money on makeup, clothes, shoes, and, yes, handbags, this year. At least I am keeping up with my skin care products but that's about it.

Working from home has made weight gain an issue. That kitchen is just too close.

Thank you so much, I need to get back to doing videos. The pandemic made very sad and I don’t want to be insensitive and talk about luxury if that makes sense. Yea it’s mix of emotions. I know the change will good but nevertheless it’s scary.
First I love your Youtube channel :yes:

congrats on selling your house! I suppose big changes always give us complex emotions even though there is something to wait and good to come. I just changed just rental apartments but had similiar feelings - overwhelming.

Last night in Chicago I'm not aware of any further looting, at least on a large scale like Sunday night. Michigan Ave and Oak Street are the two main big name shopping areas in the city. Hermes, LV, Dior, Prada, YSL, Saks, others were totally destroyed, gutted and looted. There are Twitter feeds that show the looting inside the stores, they all brought garbage bags to load up and came armed with cable cutters etc to cut through cables holding expensive merch like bags, coats, etc. We had severe storms last night so maybe that helped prevent another crime wave.

A lot of people are still without power from the storm. My GM has to buy a generator this morning and set it up because his wife who;s a high school administrator couldn’t work from home because the power is out with a expected to come back on Friday. The worst part about the looting is the news clips of some BLM speaker encouraging the looting saying it;s ok because the businesses have insurance and will get their money back. The looting will allow them to pay their bills and feed their families. WTF really?!? So you’re going to pay your rent in Gucci belts? It;s very clear that this was organized crime from the footage I’ve seen. Not only did they come with bags to take home what they stole, they had wire cutters, and drove their cars to the stores parked out front to carry home the stuff they’re stealing. Not to mention the number of people filming themselves stealing and offering advice to others on what to do.

You are not alone! It's also happening here too! We're told and asked NOT to say anything to anyone NOT wearing a mask, let the security or the Police handle it. Sadly, even the police are being assaulted! One woman I watched on the news this morning was acting & saying the exact same things to police, she even kicked a police woman in her stomach! She was hauled off into a police van and taken to the police station & charged. She was released out on bail with a 6 month prison sentence hanging over her head now.

The ones that are being defiant and deliberately NOT wearing a mask are looking for a fight and/or to lash out at anybody who dares confront them. JMHO - Don't say anything to anyone not wearing a mask & don't even bother to acknowledge them. It's simply not worth being berated or assaulted in some cases, like here too, being spat on too.

On another note: McDonalds????? :wtf: You know there is a curfew & no-one is allowed out after 8 pm, so why the hell are Most stores still open 24 hours?????? Not only that, you're the ones that are calling the police on the customers that come through your drive thru after the curfew???? It's NOT your staff's job to ask "Why" they are out, then call the police AFTER they have paid for their order???? How do you know for sure that they are not an essential worker???? FMD!

We do confront people at our store, how ever our hands are tied if they say they have a medical exception. The majority of the ones not wearing masks start filming on their phones when confronted lol. Heck the other day I went to Trader Joe’s and a lady put her large dog in a shop cart the kid at the door asked if it was a service animal and she lied and said it was. She’s not even in the store for 5 minutes and the dog starts coughing violently and didn’t stop the whole time I was there. People legit only care about themselves.

A lot of people are still without power from the storm. My GM has to buy a generator this morning and set it up because his wife who;s a high school administrator couldn’t work from home because the power is out with a expected to come back on Friday. The worst part about the looting is the news clips of some BLM speaker encouraging the looting saying it;s ok because the businesses have insurance and will get their money back. The looting will allow them to pay their bills and feed their families. WTF really?!? So you’re going to pay your rent in Gucci belts? It;s very clear that this was organized crime from the footage I’ve seen. Not only did they come with bags to take home what they stole, they had wire cutters, and drove their cars to the stores parked out front to carry home the stuff they’re stealing. Not to mention the number of people filming themselves stealing and offering advice to others on what to do.

We do confront people at our store, how ever our hands are tied if they say they have a medical exception. The majority of the ones not wearing masks start filming on their phones when confronted lol. Heck the other day I went to Trader Joe’s and a lady put her large dog in a shop cart the kid at the door asked if it was a service animal and she lied and said it was. She’s not even in the store for 5 minutes and the dog starts coughing violently and didn’t stop the whole time I was there. People legit only care about themselves.
This is so sad, they just don’t care anymore. In the same way, that we have family members calling us on phone to check on their family member and in the end of the convo , they cuss us out and wishing that we get COViD! WTH! It’s really sad because we do have families to go home to, to work for , children to raise and there really is not enough money for us out there to be openly exposed to this virus. WE are so exhausted and overwhelmed! I just don’t know anymore.

So this year has been a doozy for obvious reasons but now my home just sold which I wasn't expecting ( I was expecting it to sell but not in 3 days). I dont know how I feel now. I work from home and my plan was to move to NV. Nothing happened all year and now everything is happening. Sorry dont know if this the right place to vent just needed to got this off my chest. I have been wanting to move for a while but now its freaking me out thats happening. I love the idea of change but completely scared all at the same time.
Congratulations! so happy to hear your good news! I think it’s normal to be scared and happy at the same time!
zinacef, we’re all happy to listen and grateful for the work that you do!
pixie Jenna, I’m sorry you have to deal with all of that, and I hope your GM is okay.
Cavalier Girl, I hope you can start treatment soon.
i*bella, Chanbal, bag-mania, ’m glad not to be alone re the tight clothes :sad:, but so long as we’re healthy. . .

Last edited:

I feel for your situation. In many cases, people have become effing animals, sorry not sorry. Chicago is a cesspool. I had to laugh at the "over 100 arrested" garbage from the latest round of riots/looting. "Arrested" means NOTHING in this city. I'll guarantee you every single one of those arrested went through the paperwork and was let out on the street again. And they're probably stealing again as we speak. Sound harsh? Mean? Cynical? It's reality, and I'm sick of the bleeding heart "leadership" who should just STFU and quit telling us "how much they care". There are articles today in the Wall Street Journal and Women's Wear Daily interviewing shop keepers who say they've been wiped out of everything they've worked their whole lives for, and are looking to move to another city. Like out of state. Undoubtably there will be more riots, LV, Dior, Gucci etc will be looted and gutted again. It's like those people who keep rebuilding their house on a flood plain over and over. You know, maybe it's time to stop rebuilding on the flood plain--DUH!! On the other hand, when you're selling goods at a 2000% markup or whatever it is and you can afford the rent on some of the most expensive real estate in the United States, it might take twenty more riots to rethink your business model in our precious little crime capital.

DH said one of these days the Allstate's, State Farms's, and other big insurers are going to proclaim "We are no longer going to insure properties in cities that allow them to get destroyed over and over and over", just like they dump your car insurance when you have too many accidents. I wouldn't blame them one single bit. Is that what it's going to take to knock some sense into the mayors of these cities? The property owners that pay the taxes not being able to be insured to go after the idiots who allow their life's work to be destroyed over and over?

It's not worth confronting people who won't wear masks. At minimum I'd carry pepper spray to protect myself against morons who can't comply like the rest of us. But then an employer might not appreciate that. Sorry you have to go through such garbage.

Last edited:
This is so sad, they just don’t care anymore. In the same way, that we have family members calling us on phone to check on their family member and in the end of the convo , they cuss us out and wishing that we get COViD! WTH! It’s really sad because we do have families to go home to, to work for , children to raise and there really is not enough money for us out there to be openly exposed to this virus. WE are so exhausted and overwhelmed! I just don’t know anymore.
I am so sorry people react In such a shameful way they may be scared and upset but you are bound to feel exactly the same but x a million you are very very special stay strong and stay safe

Well I was supposed to take the train to go to work for the first time today since March but late last night I received a text from work saying the office is closed due to a "situation" unrelated to COVID and that we couldn't even go to the office to pick up work. It must be really bad if they would rather you sit at home with nothing to do than to stop by the office. I can't find anything in the news so my imagination is going wild right now!

I'm bummed because I psyched myself to go in today to take care of something that I can't do remotely and was nervous about taking the train. My friend told me her friend got mugged because she was the only person in the train car, but my other coworkers say overcrowding is more of an issue.

I found some interesting reading about Sturgis.

This idiots response about the virus: “I’m not convinced it’s real,” Thomas Seale of Denver, Colorado, told The New York Times. “I think it’s nothing more than the flu. If I die from the virus, it was just meant to be.” :wtf: No words.

More from the same article:

Most infections can be traced to these super-spreading events, where one person infects many others, recent research out of Hong Kong found. The study described super-spreader events as the primary means of transmission of the virus.

“Superspreading events are happening more than we expected, more than what could be explained by chance,” Ben Cowling, an infectious-disease researcher who coauthored the study, told Business Insider in June. “The frequency of superspreading is beyond what we could have imagined.”

From another article:

“Screw COVID,” read the design on one T-shirt being hawked. “I went to Sturgis.”

Bikers rumbled past hundreds of tents filled with motorcycle gear, T-shirts and food. Harley Davidson motorcycles were everywhere but masks were almost nowhere to be seen, with an Associated Press reporter counting fewer than 10 in a crowd of thousands over a period of several hours.

For Stephen Sample, who rode his Harley from Arizona, the event was a break from the routine of the last several months, when he’s been mostly homebound or wearing a mask when he went to work as a surveyor.

Fellner felt that the risk of an outbreak would be felt long after the bikers leave. The city plans to mass test residents to try to detect and halt outbreaks, but the area’s largest hospital system is already burdened with the influx of tourists and bikers who inevitably need hospital care during this time.

Sample was aware his trip to the rally could end in the hospital, which seemed to weigh on him.

“This is a major experiment,” he said. “It could be a major mistake.”

^^ You think?????

I don't want to upload the article's as they have politics in them, so staying away from that subject! Google is your friend! :lol:
Ugh, I didn't realize this was already going on. I actually know a couple that is there (they go every year) and I'm so surprised they decided to go anyway. The wife is a nurse and I can't believe she would want to be so unsafe:sad: We'll definitely be staying away from them for a while when they get back into town (they actually live in a city that's about 40 minutes from us by car, so at least they aren't close by). And I hope she self quarantines before she goes back to work.

I feel for your situation. In many cases, people have become effing animals, sorry not sorry. Chicago is a cesspool. I had to laugh at the "over 100 arrested" garbage from the latest round of riots/looting. "Arrested" means NOTHING in this city. I'll guarantee you every single one of those arrested went through the paperwork and was let out on the street again. And they're probably stealing again as we speak. Sound harsh? Mean? Cynical? It's reality, and I'm sick of the bleeding heart "leadership" who should just STFU and quit telling us "how much they care". There are articles today in the Wall Street Journal and Women's Wear Daily interviewing shop keepers who say they've been wiped out of everything they've worked their whole lives for, and are looking to move to another city. Like out of state. Undoubtably there will be more riots, LV, Dior, Gucci etc will be looted and gutted again. It's like those people who keep rebuilding their house on a flood plain over and over. You know, maybe it's time to stop rebuilding on the flood plain--DUH!! On the other hand, when you're selling goods at a 2000% markup or whatever it is and you can afford the rent on some of the most expensive real estate in the United States, it might take twenty more riots to rethink your business model in our precious little crime capital.

DH said one of these days the Allstate's, State Farms's, and other big insurers are going to proclaim "We are no longer going to insure properties in cities that allow them to get destroyed over and over and over", just like they dump your car insurance when you have too many accidents. I wouldn't blame them one single bit. Is that what it's going to take to knock some sense into the mayors of these cities? The property owners that pay the taxes not being able to be insured to go after the idiots who allow their life's work to be destroyed over and over?

It's not worth confronting people who won't wear masks. At minimum I'd carry pepper spray to protect myself against morons who can't comply like the rest of us. But then an employer might not appreciate that. Sorry you have to go through such garbage.

I’m happy to be out in the burbs if I could I’d venture further out lol. But I am spoiled by living so close to work it will never happen. Let’s see if the new law making it a felony to attack retail workers enforcing the mask rule will actually mean anything.

Reactions: 880
I am so sorry people react In such a shameful way they may be scared and upset but you are bound to feel exactly the same but x a million you are very very special stay strong and stay safe
Thank you, I do not even know you or anybody personally on this board but I feel compassion and real care for the work that we do as nurses. Thank you and be well!

In other Chicago riots news from Sunday night: This was in the Chicago Sun Times and radio, it's on Youtube also:

The Ronald McDonald House in Chicago was vandalized during looting early Monday morning while families and their sick children huddled inside, the charity said Tuesday.

The Ronald McDonald House in the Streeterville neighborhood of the city’s Near North Side provides support for sick children and their families while the child receives medical treatment at nearby Lurie Children’s Hospital.

The charity said more than 30 families and their sick children were sleeping inside when the looters, who had taken over downtown, ransacking stores and vandalizing properties, started attacking the building.

CHICAGO (WBBM NEWSRADIO) -- Two-year-old Owen Buell and his family have been staying at the Ronald McDonald House near Lurie Children’s Hospital while he receives treatment for Stage 4 neuroblastoma.

They were supposed to go home to Joliet to celebrate his birthday.
“We were going to have cake and ice cream and do some presents at home with his siblings and his grandma,” said Owen's mother, Valerie Mitchell.

But looting throughout downtown Chicago made it impossible.
“We got a phone call from the nurse saying that none of the nurses could make it in for safety concerns and they didn’t want any families in the middle of that trying to walk into Lurie’s," Mitchell said.

The Ronald McDonald House was one of several locations hit early Monday morning.

“The whole door was shattered and it looked like a bullet hole, so I started freaking out thinking about how unsafe that was. You shouldn’t feel that way when your kid needs medical care. You shouldn’t be afraid to walk a few blocks down the street," she said.
Mitchell said the recent looting on top of a global pandemic only compounds the stress of her son’s diagnosis.

“I ask myself why can he not just have cancer? Why does there have to be coronavirus with it? Why is there all this protesting? I just feel like a lot of this stuff really makes it worse for him and our family. If he was going through treatment a year ago his siblings would be able to come here," Mitchell said.

Owen’s family hopes to go home in the next day or two before they return for another round of treatment next month.

*************************************************************************************************

Can you imagine? Looting the RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE??????? WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE ANIMALS? It's not enough to have a sick or terminally ill child and stay near Lurie Children's Hospital in the Ronald McDonald House, NOOOOOOOO, you gotta put up with looters who you don't know if are going to end up killing you like they shot other people during the looting. WELCOME TO CHICAGO!!!

And isn't just wonderful that most Media--the NYT, Washington Post, etc just don't seem to think this is newsworthy enough to report?? Nooooo, we need those tourist dollars so let's not tell people Chicago has turned into a dangerous crap hole, they can find out when they get here! I'll also guarantee that if on slim chance the Children's Hospital looters were arrested, they were let back out on the street that night. A looter who threw a chunk of concrete at a police officer's head and injured his arm was let out on $500 bail. He had several felonies on his record. This city used to be vibrant and fun. Now it's run by incompetent idiots who think cracking down on crime is wrong and criminals are having a blast. Terrorizing families with sick kids sounds pretty bad, right? Tell that to the major media, to them it's just fine! Not even newsworthy!

I saw what they did and it is disgusting. My work dose fundraising for the children's hospital and this year it's been postponed until September due to the Corona virus. I don't anticipate us being anywhere near as successful as previous years because of Covid. We have our own kid and he normally would visit all the stores in the area when we do the fundraising I don't expect to see him this year. I can't imagine how much harder this is on his family and extra precautions that they must be taking.

• Angry
Reactions: 880 and rose60610
Most places don't require masks here but certain places do. I went to The Dollar Tree today and this sign was on the door, but half of the customers inside were still not wearing Masks! No one there to enforce the rule. They should have a security guard at the door to enforce it. A lady and her daughter were paying and not wearing masks and the cashier didn't say anything.

117665160_10157372709686937_7983656126487956594_o.jpg