How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
Update: My State is now declared a State of Disaster!!!!!!

We now have gone to STAGE 4 OF RESTRICTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - Curfew now in place as of 8 pm last night (Sunday night my Aussie time) - No-one is allowed out after 8 pm until 5 am.​
2 - Mandatory wearing a mask is State wide now - Before it was just in the lockdown suburbs​
3 - You are NOT allowed to travel more then 5 km away from your home​
4 - ALL non essential retail Stores will be CLOSED - List of which stores we are still waiting to hear about, it should be announced today​
5 - We are in full lockdwon for ANOTHER 6 WEEKS!!!!!!!!! - We were on week 4 of week 6. So mid SEPTEMBER NOW!!!!!!! 10+ WEEKS LOCKDOWN!!!!​
6 - Only one person per household is allowed to go grocery shopping​
7 - Only one person is allowed in a car unless you are taking your Children to School & that is only for essential workers and/or work related or medical reasons​
8 - You are only allowed to exercise where you live & that is limited to one hour only​
9 - Years 11 & 12 which were back to School, now have to home School as of Thursday (Wednesday is the last day)​

OMG! What a frigging nightmare. We all knew it was coming going by the number of cases we are getting everyday, between 500 - 700 & a lot of those are in the aged care facilities. Over 120+ aged care facilities & staff have tested positive with the Virus now. And don't even get me started on those who dam well refuse to wear a mask & think it's a joke! Police are now throwing them in jail & they are coming down hard on people who simply refuse to follow the restrictions.

I actually had hope that we Might just make it to our first lockdwon date which was mid August, now, I have none, nothing & I don't see a end in sight anytime soon now. Nightmare, doesn't even begin to cover all the emotions we all feel now. :crybaby:

EDIT: They even tried & FAILED to cancel my dialysis!! I was f**king ropeable!!!! Thank goodness I'm going to a Private hospital because if I was going to a Public one it would have been canceled!!!

Last edited:

1 - Curfew now in place as of 8 pm last night (Sunday night my Aussie time) - No-one is allowed out after 8 pm until 5 am.​
2 - Mandatory wearing a mask is State wide now - Before it was just in the lockdown suburbs​
4 - ALL non essential retail Stores will be CLOSED - List of which stores we are still waiting to hear about, it should be announced today​
5 - We are in full lockdwon for ANOTHER 6 WEEKS!!!!!!!!! - We were on week 4 of week 6. So mid SEPTEMBER NOW!!!!!!! 10+ WEEKS LOCKDOWN!!!!​
7 - Only one person is allowed in a car unless you are taking your Children to School & that is only for essential workers and/or work related or medical reasons​
8 - You are only allowed to exercise where you live & that is limited to one hour only​
9 - Years 11 & 12 which were back to School, now have to home School as of Thursday (Wednesday is the last day)​

OMG! What a frigging nightmare. We all knew it was coming going by the number of cases we are getting everyday, between 500 - 700 & a lot of those are in the aged care facilities. Over 120+ aged care facilities & staff have tested positive with the Virus now. And don't even get me started on those who dam well refuse to wear a mask & think it's a joke! Police are now throwing them in jail & they are coming down hard on people who simply refuse to follow the restrictions.

I actually had hope that we Might just make it to our first lockdwon date which was mid August, now, I have none, nothing & I don't see a end in sight anytime soon now. Nightmare, doesn't even begin to cover all the emotions we all feel now. :crybaby:

AC030A91-B268-403B-8B62-27291CF8B918.jpeg
I wish they would do this with everyone in every country. And I wish those idiots would quit complaining that their rights are being violated. :mad:

They even tried & FAILED to cancel my dialysis!! I was f**king ropeable!!!! Thank goodness I'm going to a Private hospital because if I was going to a Public one it would have been canceled!!!
I am so sorry, LovelouisVuitton. I hope your treatment isnt too disrupted and I just feel terrible for those in similar positions who have no choice.

absolutely agree HNN!

EDIT: They even tried & FAILED to cancel my dialysis!! I was f**king ropeable!!!! Thank goodness I'm going to a Private hospital because if I was going to a Public one it would have been canceled!!!
It must be REALLY difficult.
How bad is it in your area that this is happening?

I lost a friend to covid-19. She was a healthy woman before she came down with what she hoped was just a bad cold. She fought for her life for almost 3 months on a ventilator before she passed away, with no family or friends by her.

During my dark moments, I sometimes wish the people who minimize the pandemic or refuse to wear masks would suffer as my friend did.

View attachment 4807927
I wish they would do this with everyone in every country. And I wish those idiots would quit complaining that their rights are being violated. :mad:

It's because of those who were deliberately NOT following the restrictions in place that we now have Stage 4 restrictions!!!! People who tested positive with the Virus & are suppose to be self isolating at home were NOT!!!! They were either at work or out f**king shopping??????? The Police & the Australian army have been door knocking every household that have tested positive to insure that they actually were at home & self isolating.

I am so sorry, LovelouisVuitton. I hope your treatment isnt too disrupted and I just feel terrible for those in similar positions who have no choice.

absolutely agree HNN!

Thank you!:heart: So my other option was, just let me go into renal failure & find my dead body months later????????? Thankfully I am blessed with caring, loving friends & a SO who always call me everyday just to check on my well-being & ensure I'm doing okay. Lord help me if I don't answer the home phone or my mobile! :amazed:

It must be REALLY difficult.
How bad is it in your area that this is happening?

It actually has reached the next Suburb next to me now. Again in another aged care facility with staff testing positive & passing it onto the elderly. That's why they want ALL hospitals now, so they can put the aged into hospitals, which is what they have been doing. But most of the private hospitals won't take them as they do treatment like chemo & dialysis & they don't want someone coming in testing positive & infecting those of us who already have a compromised immune system. It would kill every single one of us seeking treatment.

I lost a friend to covid-19. She was a healthy woman before she came down with what she hoped was just a bad cold. She fought for her life for almost 3 months on a ventilator before she passed away, with no family or friends by her.

During my dark moments, I sometimes wish the people who minimize the pandemic or refuse to wear masks would suffer as my friend did.
I am so very sorry for your loss. Beastly disease.

We are still having major shortages on cleaning supplies and paper products. When it comes to sanitation wipes/Lysol spray we get them 1-2 times a week. We don’t know until they show up because most of our deliveries are not showing up on time. They usually sell out in 1-2 hours. With paper products we get more frequently but we seem to be alternating between what we are out of if we have TP we‘re out of paper towels and vice versa if we have paper towels we’re out of TP.

@apey_grapey I’m sorry for your loss. My biggest fear is someone I know catching this and being all alone in the hospital and possibly passing away. The idea of going though something like this and not being able to visit or communicate with your family and friends is absolutely heart breaking.

@lovlouisvuitton that is extremely frustrating. I can’t even begin to understand why they would even attempt to cancel your dialysis. I have a coworker who needs heart surgery and it has been canceled twice due to covid. They canceled it once and rescheduled a month later it to only cancel the new appointment. WTF there’s no such thing as a elective heart surgery he clearly needs to have heart surgery. How much worse does it need to be in order for him to get the treatment he needs?

@lovlouisvuitton that is extremely frustrating. I can’t even begin to understand why they would even attempt to cancel your dialysis. I have a coworker who needs heart surgery and it has been canceled twice due to covid. They canceled it once and rescheduled a month later it to only cancel the new appointment. WTF there’s no such thing as a elective heart surgery he clearly needs to have heart surgery. How much worse does it need to be in order for him to get the treatment he needs?

It's absolutely ridiculous! They are making people with Covid a priority & to HELL to anyone else who absolutely NEEDS surgery! Even those undergoing treatment! It's disgusting & appalling to be treated like the rest of the population that don't have Covid are less then & NOT worth helping??????

I've also had my much needed back surgery canceled twice, as it's classified as "Elective" surgery. So what happens when I simply cannot walk anymore? I have titanium plates holding my back straight & together. It's so inflamed that I'm walking like a crab half the time because I have trouble standing straight. Since I don't have Covid they don't GAF!

I get that COVID is a priority however forcing people to postpone needed medical care is just as deadly.

IMO - Even more so! There are thousands & thousands of people who desperately NEED surgery & other treatment only to be made to wait until who knows when & for how long? A year, 2 years? When???? The death toll will be staggering!

Reactions: 880 and pixiejenna