How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
well, unless I'm going out with a mask, I do wear lipstick everyday because I am on Zoom meetings for work often. I have to admit, I don't do full I make up anymore, though. Only special meetings. I certainly don't spend as much on clothing, and I am often wearing shorts or a mismatched skirt since people only see the top part of me. So I do find I spend money still on tops, and earring and necklace accessorization has taken on a more prominent role!
I was at the drugstore yesterday. they had a sign saying shop quickly to limit your exposure. no problem - I don't like shopping with a mask on

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
Just read that there will be real shortages of the vaccine when it is developed. Only certain segments of the populace will get it. Pregnant women, people with underlying health problems and some seniors. I guess I was naive to think everyone would get it.
Eventually everyone will get it but they will prioritize who gets it first.

Chagall

O.G.
Feb 20, 2010
I’m in the US and heard that there will he ample supply for everyone. I think the bigger problem is not everyone will WANT to get it.
Reported on the CBC today not everyone will be able to get it as there will be shortages worldwide. Frontline workers, pregnant women kids and overweight people, people with alcohol and drug addictions etc. will be prioritized. I don’t know how long the shortages will last.

GhstDreamer

Lady Philosophy
Authenticator
O.G.
May 13, 2008
Boethius' Prison
Well, let's remember that nobody actually believed that China provided accurate numbers from the start. They may have it under control now but we'll never know what the true devastation was there.
I have friends who have relatives in China and I also have relatives there as well. They did in fact under reported especially at the beginning when they have no idea what it was and then later found out people died in their homes and had list them on their list of covid deaths - their healthcare is largely privatized like the US, so most people can't afford to see the doctors when they get sick. I was informed that the government literally locked down the entire place. Only 1 person was allowed out of the house to grocery shop and they had to be given permission to do so. Otherwise they get sent to prison. My friend said her relatives told them it was a ghost town. Whereas my relatives live very far away from Wuhan region on a farm and there was no covid there. Heck they didn't even know anything about it. No one was getting sick. So numbers are under reported but I don't believe they are as under reported as some assume. I would double the number of cases and deaths but definitely not like 10x the amount because if that was the case cities like Beijing and Shanghai would be devastated. The type of government they have, allowed them to strictly enforce rules and regulations and they aren't afraid to throw people in prison for violating the rules.

Sunshine mama

Jun 1, 2014
My youngest DD had a dream that she found both Clorox sanitizing wipes and Kirkland brand sanitizing wipes at Costco. In her dream she said she felt like she hit the jackpot!
That's the life we have during this pandemic, when finding sanitizing wipes is a small dream come true!:shocked:

holiday123

Jul 29, 2015
Sunny FL, USA
Reported on the CBC today not everyone will be able to get it as there will be shortages worldwide. Frontline workers, pregnant women kids and overweight people, people with alcohol and drug addictions etc. will be prioritized. I don’t know how long the shortages will last.
We're going to be involved in at least 1 vaccine study where I work. The goal is to enroll 30 healthcare workers a day and they plan to send us 3500 doses. That is 1 of 3 vaccine studies they are looking at our site for. They are supposed to making 100's of millions of doses once one is selected so everyone who wants one will eventually be able to get, similar to the flu vaccine. This is in the US.

pixiejenna

O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
I;ve seen ads on FB that northwestern is looking for 5000 volunteers for a 3rd phase clinical trial of the covid vaccine by AstraZeneca. They’re looking for people who are essential workers who have a higher level of exposure to covid. So they’re looking for health care, grocery/retail workers, public trans, and factory workers.

LemonDrop

I'm back baby
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
USA
Just read that there will be real shortages of the vaccine when it is developed. Only certain segments of the populace will get it. Pregnant women, people with underlying health problems and some seniors. I guess I was naive to think everyone would get it.
I expect that half my country (USA) will refuse to get the vaccine for political reasons, still don't believe Covid exists, will believe it is somehow meant to control us, kill us, infect us etc... I don't think the shortage in the USA will last long. I could actually see them begging people to go get the shot.

LemonDrop

I'm back baby
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
USA
There is talk at my employment about us being required to have the vaccine. I work for an airline. There is talk that in order for us to enter other countries around the globe we might need to show vaccine proof. Some people are threatening to quit over being forced to take a vaccine. It has happened but you know how co workers talk. I am personally ready for it.