how hard is vernis to care for?

i used to be terrified to use my Perle and Marshmallow Bedfords, but then i discovered that they're more durable than everyone thinks. of course, there's always the danger of getting color transfers, but as long as you're aware of what you put the bag on and what you put around it, it should be fine

no problems for me either, but i do have the bronze vernis, so the lighter colors may be more delicate. they are so lovely though, so the slight increased care you need to give vernis, IMHO, is well worth it! let us know what you decide!

i used to be terrified to use my Perle and Marshmallow Bedfords, but then i discovered that they're more durable than everyone thinks. of course, there's always the danger of getting color transfers, but as long as you're aware of what you put the bag on and what you put around it, it should be fine

ITA :yes:

I have a lavendar ludlow & a framboise cles. I treat the cles pretty roughly, and it still looks brand new. I don't use the ludlow as much, but I've had it for about 7 months now, no problems with color transfer or anything.

I think the best advice is to just be extra careful, but I don't think you need to be over-the-top. If you're going to carry a light colored one, just don't set it down on newspaper (how often does that actually happen anyway?) or anything like that.