How hard is it to get a non black jumbo?

Starbrite

Sep 20, 2015
I've FINALLY got the courage to buy a Chanel double flap and I am hoping to get a jumbo caviar with silver hardware but I do not want black or beige. Most of my other designer bags are black and the size of the medium double flap so I want my Chanel to be special. I also live in Dubai and there are A LOT of fakes so black Chanels are everywhere! I have contacted all 3 places here that sell them and they only have black or beige (not a fan of beige). I do not want a used bag. Will it be very difficult to get a different color? How long would the estimated wait be? Would I have to wait until the next season? I didn't realize colored Chanels were so difficult to find :sad:

They really aren't hard to find, it just depends on when you happen to be looking. They are pretty much released every season. This season they had a gorgeous dark red, a grey, a taupe and a navy that I know of. Some ladies are very knowledgeable here and can tell you when the most caviar Cfs are released. No doubt you'll find one soon :smile:

I saw a turquoise jumbo at Dubai Mall boutique about 3 weeks ago, so there's still hope! Colored classics usually come every or every other season, so the wait should never be longer than 3 months unless you want a specific color :smile: I'd go to the boutique, become friendly with an SA and have them contact you once they come in

They really aren't hard to find, it just depends on when you happen to be looking. They are pretty much released every season. This season they had a gorgeous dark red, a grey, a taupe and a navy that I know of. Some ladies are very knowledgeable here and can tell you when the most caviar Cfs are released. No doubt you'll find one soon :smile:
The dark red was the one I really wanted but I was too late to find one! I'm now second guessing if I should just get it in black to be safe.. so many hard decisions and I am VERY indecisive so it doesnt help :smile: thank you very much for the info!

I saw a turquoise jumbo at Dubai Mall boutique about 3 weeks ago, so there's still hope! Colored classics usually come every or every other season, so the wait should never be longer than 3 months unless you want a specific color :smile: I'd go to the boutique, become friendly with an SA and have them contact you once they come in
I am going to try to go in tomorrow to look, either there or mall of the emirates.. thank you!

sorry one more question if anyone knows, this season they had the red. How likely is it that there will be a different red next season? or does chanel tend to put out one red a year?

The dark red was the one I really wanted but I was too late to find one! I'm now second guessing if I should just get it in black to be safe.. so many hard decisions and I am VERY indecisive so it doesnt help :smile: thank you very much for the info!
Don't get it in black to be safe, as you'll only end up with another in a colour later on and you've said you don't really want black! Hold out for what you want!

Honestly, colours come up all the time. Here in Hong Kong I saw a gorgeous electric blue in lamb.

The red that you want sold out quickly and your only bet now is probably to buy it on the resale market. You might have to pay a slight premium for it, but since prices are higher in your country than in some others, this might not be the case.

If you want to hunt this particular one down, there is a thread for that here or ladies here can advise you where to search. Fashionphile is a recognised place you could check, or a personal shopper could help you.

good luck and do update us on what you choose!

Reactions: Bisoux78
Dark red is absolutely gorgeous in real life (especially in caviar leather w/ GHW). It's next on my radar too! Don't get a "safe" color if thats not what your heart singing for.