How hard is it to find a reissue mini?

dcbfh123

Jan 2, 2012
Hi everyone,

I haven't bought a Chanel bag for almost a decade now, but this bag caught my eye: https://www.chanel.com/us/fashion/p...i-2-55-handbag-aged-calfskin-gold-tone-metal/

I chatted with Chanel's online customer service and they said the bag was completely sold out in North America, along with a few other items I inquired about. Is it really this hard to find Chanel pieces? Should I even bother trying to talk to an SA at my local store to find one?

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I haven't bought a Chanel bag for almost a decade now, but this bag caught my eye: https://www.chanel.com/us/fashion/p...i-2-55-handbag-aged-calfskin-gold-tone-metal/

I chatted with Chanel's online customer service and they said the bag was completely sold out in North America, along with a few other items I inquired about. Is it really this hard to find Chanel pieces? Should I even bother trying to talk to an SA at my local store to find one?

Thank you.
OMG same here! In US and wanted to find this mini reissue in light green. Visited two boutiques (Chicago and VA McLean), asked two SAs, they both said, it is completely sold out and the SA in Chicago said it's sold out company-wide.

Ugh.. I'm trying to get one in black as a first purchase. I heard they're sold out in the US too :sad: Does anyone know if that's only the case for chanel boutiques or for all type of stores?
Based in US too. Today a Chanel SA at Neiman told me they are actually employees of Chanel. So I think it is the same for boutique, Saks and Neiman. I cannot even find a gold hardware medium reissue everywhere... But I’ll wait for the good thing to happen hopefully before another price increase : )

Based in US too. Today a Chanel SA at Neiman told me they are actually employees of Chanel. So I think it is the same for boutique, Saks and Neiman. I cannot even find a gold hardware medium reissue everywhere... But I’ll wait for the good thing to happen hopefully before another price increase : )

I'm sooo tempted to just buy it pre-loved but at that rate, it's such a ripoff given that it costs more and it's not even new. Hopefully you come across it soon!

I'm sooo tempted to just buy it pre-loved but at that rate, it's such a ripoff given that it costs more and it's not even new. Hopefully you come across it soon!
Though not in the PreFall collection, they told me the black mini reissue IS coming back some time (both black and gold hardware). IMO it’s not worth it to buy it second hand with a premium price and it’s total ripoff and only help those resellers with rip-off.

For all reissues, I do not think they have a waitlist currently. You may find one from the previous collection. Contacting an SA and requesting them to help you can be helpful. They told me no purchase history is required for getting on a list or requesting their help : ) Best luck!