How Good Is Your Fake Spotting?!

Fake Spotting Skills

• I Am The LV Police!

• LV Police In Training

• So-So Spotter

• I Can't Tell The Difference...Yet

Results are only viewable after voting.
I agree with whoever said we need a thread to help us to know what to look for.

If there were to be a thread started to help people know what to look for when spotting a fake, we'd risk the possibility of helping out counterfeiters by telling them exactly what's wrong with the fakes that are being produced now... KWIM? There are a lot of guests that read the forums and we don't want that resourceful info being read by the wrong people. Some have read the "Authenticate This Louis Vuitton" sticky under the "Louis Vuitton Shopping" section to expand their authenticity knowledge just a bit. ;)

Aww... Thanks ShoulderEyeCandy! You're too sweet. :flowers:

pretty good, i'd like to think. i've memorized most names and measurements even the alignments of the bags on le catalogue. gives me a headache too, as most of what i see esp in malls are fakes. my husband thinks i'm nuts....

I can usually spot a Monogram or Multicolore fake from miles away, they're usually easy. If I'm unsure a closer look on the leather trim usually settles it for me. When it comes to Epi/Suhali/Damier etc. it's harder, but not impossible if I can get a good look at the bag. Probably because most of the LV I see here in Norway is Monogram.

My husband and I are LV Police-in-training. I can spot obvious fakes (like Speedies with feet, Noes with stoppers and the leather going up the sides) but I'm not so great at spotting super-fakes. He will point to a person carrying LV and whisper to me, "Is that one real?" ;)

I had to laugh the one time I saw a girl in a restaurant proudly carrying her fake Noe with the plastic round hang-tag on it!!! :wtf:

LOL, this reminds me of when my boyfriend spotted an (authentic) alma in front of us on the escalators and whispered the same question to me. Except that the lady heard him and turned back to look at me. We both smiled knowingly. :P

And to answer the question...I'm definitely LV police. It is harder to tell between fake and authentic Epi bags, but I think the finish of the handles often give it away. Same with the Suhali.

The funny thing is, the more I learn about counterfeit versus authentic LV, the more I realize that I need to learn more...