how functional is your BV bag?

^^Goldenflower, I momentarily forgot that you're probably considering this for use in your new Baltic large Veneta. As I noted in an earlier post, I don't think my medium structured chameleon is the best organizer for the large Veneta. The shape and dimensions just aren't ideal.

Instead, I'd refer you to the Purse to Go in the "large" size (disclaimer: I don't own this one and have never seen it in person). From what I understand, it is longer, a touch narrower, and is oval-not squarish like the chameleons--so it may suit the large Veneta better. There would still be leeway in the length to allow for slouching, and the edges might not be as visible. I got this idea from another tPF member (whose name escapes me) who posted in a PurseToGo thread somewhere else on tPF.

You're right, I am thinking of using it my new veneta. I took note of your comment about the medium structured chameleon not being the best organizer for the large veneta. You are so very helpful and thorough! I appreciate the additional photos of your new Sloane with the organizer in it, too.

I will check out the Purse to Go; thank you for that suggestion. Do you miss touching the suede lining when you reach in your bag? I just enjoy that so much (I hope that doesn't sound too weird, LOL) that I wonder if I would miss it with an organizer inside.

Do you miss touching the suede lining when you reach in your bag? I just enjoy that so much (I hope that doesn't sound too weird, LOL) that I wonder if I would miss it with an organizer inside.

My Sloane is a Christmas gift from my husband, so I haven't actually used it yet. I haven't used the large Veneta yet either (waiting for the right opportunity). I don't think I'll miss the tactile sensation of the suede too much, because I'm determined to try and keep the lining clean. Plus, I'll clarify that my photos of the organnizers inside my bags are a bit misleading in that they suggest that the organizers hug the entire interior, leaving no suede uncovered. In fact, I think I'll have many opportunities to cop a feel of the suede during use (sorry if that sounds salacious!).

My Sloane is a Christmas gift from my husband, so I haven't actually used it yet. I haven't used the large Veneta yet either (waiting for the right opportunity). I don't think I'll miss the tactile sensation of the suede too much, because I'm determined to try and keep the lining clean. Plus, I'll clarify that my photos of the organnizers inside my bags are a bit misleading in that they suggest that the organizers hug the entire interior, leaving no suede uncovered. In fact, I think I'll have many opportunities to cop a feel of the suede during use (sorry if that sounds salacious!).

Ha ha!! :roflmfao:

It's good to know that you still should be able to feel the suede. I think I'll give a liner a try. I too want to keep the interiors of these beautiful bags as clean as I can.

This was an extremely helpful thread.

I use a "purseket" inside of my LV Speedy since there is only one zip pocket and no cell phone pocket. I tried the purseket inside of my large veneta, but it just didn't work due to the purseket not having a bottom. I don't feel that I necessarily need an organizer in the veneta since it has the cell phone pocket and I typically use cosmetic pouches to help organize my belongings. But I do want to protect the suede interior as much as possible.

I think I will order a large purse to go. Thanks blueiris for your useful tutorial!

^You're welcome :smile: I must share credit with the others on tPF who had earlier posted their own photos and prompted me to try an organizer myself.

The Sloane is a difficult size/shape for a finding an adequate, lightweight liner. My PurseIn would be better if it were lighter weight, shorter, with a slightly bigger body. I might take annelovepuggy's earlier suggestion in this thread to try an unstructured large chameleon so that I can also try to smoosh it into my large Veneta. I just wish it were a little longer so that I can have more space inside it. I went to a fabric store today contemplating whether I should try to make my own (or more likely, ask my mother to help me make one, because she has a sewing machine and better skills).

Annelovepuggy (hi, bag twin!): if you're still reading this thread, you said your large unstructured works well in your Sloane. My hesitation is with whether the sides of it cave inward towards the middle when it's in use--does this happen to you? Are there any issues you have with it?

Last edited:
No. The side pockets do not cave inwards at all [I'm not sure though if you have the main compartment empty and sides filled; but it doesn't make sense, right?] I also wish it can be made a little longer, shorter [as the small one] and the material be like prada's nylon bag! One of the main reasons I love cameleon is its very light weight. Though it may not appear as strong as other brand but it can be worn at least 3~4 years!

^^ Thanks, annelovepuggy!

In case anyone is still reading this thread, just this morning, I received an update from Kathy/Chameleon--

The reversible chameleons will be available sometime in January.

There will be a new XL size, 12" long, 6" wide, and 7" tall.
There will be a new XL-tall size, same as above except 10" tall.

The new crop will have zippers and a nicer fabric.

I'm still considering a large structured one for my Sloane, but I might wait until January now. I might also go for a Jumbo Purse To Go for my large Veneta, after reading B.Jara's correction on the thread I posted just above annelovepuggy's reply. So much for getting an organizer for the purpose of transferring contents from one bag to the other! I'm using them as organizers, but also as liners.

I may just have to try making my own. I recently received the Purse To Go. Trouble is that it's just stiff enough to show a distinct outline in my large veneta. I'm afraid that with regular use, that outline will become imprinted onto the shape of the leather. I found this pattern for a purse organizer. http://tipnut.com/purse-organizer-sewing-tutorial/

If I come up with any other ideas, I'll post. I have my thinking cap on.....

I don't like to route around too much, but I can't use the purse organizers because every BV I buy has sections, the Romas, Rugiada totes, etc. Maybe someday they will come up with thinner organizers that will fit in the sections.

I may just have to try making my own. I recently received the Purse To Go. Trouble is that it's just stiff enough to show a distinct outline in my large veneta. I'm afraid that with regular use, that outline will become imprinted onto the shape of the leather. I found this pattern for a purse organizer. http://tipnut.com/purse-organizer-sewing-tutorial/

If I come up with any other ideas, I'll post. I have my thinking cap on.....

I think I'll make an organizer out of ultra-suede. That would be yummy! Fun fabrics are nice too.