How Frequently Do You Visit/ Shop at Hermes Store

green_river62

Aug 27, 2020
Before the pandemic, I could just casually swing by the boutique to check their stock and buy things I like, and sometimes I left without purchasing anything. Now all stores are open by appointment only, so I feel like if I make an appointment, I must buy something. I don't want to spend thousands $$$ every week, but I also want to maintain a healthy H relationship.

Curious how everyone handles H relationship during the pandemic:
1. How often do you make appointments to come in?
2. If you come in by appointment, do you always buy something during your visit?
3. Between appointments, do you text your SA to chat about what they have in stock, or order something to pick up in your next visit?

1 - We had a brief period where one of us was going at least every-other-week...some were to just pick up alterations, honestly, or try a size when something came in...but now it's like 1-2x/mo maybe. Mostly because we come along to each-other's appts, but tend to make separate ones so our SA isn't juggling both our needs at once.
2 - One of us usually purchases something, but not always. I haven't purchased anything on my past two visits, actually... Even with the appointment system, I've never felt there's an expectation that we make a purchase at any particular visit. At one appt. for my husband, I didn't plan to purchase anything, but our SA casually laid-out a selection of new Twillys in front of me while they were chatting and I ended up with one. I'm actually not sure he got anything that day...
3 - We occassionally text between appointments, but usually I just text to setup appointments or discuss what I'm looking for the morning ahead of an appt. It's just easier to communicate in-person when we have a chance at an appointment vs. over text...our SA is quite busy.

Reactions: lizcmess
I honestly feel like I go too often. Lately I’ve been going once a week and of course finding something I like each time I go. Part of it because my local store is smaller so often they order things in so it’s a cycle where I go find something plus order something to be brought in.

As many have also said around the forum, I only buy what I truly like. I don’t buy things just to make my SA happy with me nor do I feel pressured to spend.

I will say that I am fairly new to buying Hermès and I’ve noticed a lot of people worry about their SAs “forgetting” about them. It would be interesting to know others thoughts on the matter though.

When I make an appointment, I always buy. I hope I can keep making appointments even after Covid. I love the fact that my SA has set aside time for me and she and I will be on time and get down to business :smile:. I don't impulse shop, so I know exactly what I am getting (even if don't know exact color, etc.). My SA may show me other items or something might catch my eye while I am there. I don't typically buy it, but go home, think about it, envision it in my wardrobe or when/how I'd use it and if I still want it after carful consideration, I make another appointment and ask my SA to put it aside for me. When I want something that is not in stock, she'll contact me when she found it or when it came in. If I just make an appointment she always asks if I am looking for something in particular and she'll have a selection ready for me when I come in. I find it incredibly efficient and pleasant and hope we can continue like that in perpetuity. I don't have time to browse, nor do I enjoy it. So, appointments are my jam :smile: I typically go once a month or every other month, but I buy several items at a time.

1 - We had a brief period where one of us was going at least every-other-week...some were to just pick up alterations, honestly, or try a size when something came in...but now it's like 1-2x/mo maybe. Mostly because we come along to each-other's appts, but tend to make separate ones so our SA isn't juggling both our needs at once.
2 - One of us usually purchases something, but not always. I haven't purchased anything on my past two visits, actually... Even with the appointment system, I've never felt there's an expectation that we make a purchase at any particular visit. At one appt. for my husband, I didn't plan to purchase anything, but our SA casually laid-out a selection of new Twillys in front of me while they were chatting and I ended up with one. I'm actually not sure he got anything that day...
3 - We occassionally text between appointments, but usually I just text to setup appointments or discuss what I'm looking for the morning ahead of an appt. It's just easier to communicate in-person when we have a chance at an appointment vs. over text...our SA is quite busy.
I keep hoping for a sighting of you two in SF - you are always so well styled in your photos!

Oh and to contribute to the topic - I shop about every two months or so. Sometimes more frequently if something I want comes in.

• Love
Reactions: duggi84
In season, when I am nearby to 3 stores, I pop into one or another maybe once a week, pre-covid.

Since covid, I've only gone in when the SA texts that she has something for me, and once to pick up a gift. Through a strange confluence of events I spent most of the pandemic on a sailboat in the south pacific, so I hadn't been in about a year - when I made landfall, I did pop into my preferred store for a few hours with my favorite SA.

I now go in only when my SA sends pics and I see something I would really like, either to try on RTW or pick up homewares. Normally she also hints if she gets a shipment including bags which might suit me. I have outstanding bag quota which I have not used for the last 2 years.
Outstanding bag quota? Does that mean your 2 bags/year has compounded on itself?? So you have 4 that you can get instead of the 2? New to this and never heard of that, neat!