How far would you go to make it yours?

Dec 30, 2008
so in a way i fell in love with this...
lbT1.jpg

from what I read this bag was made by JPG for Linda Evangelista; the image portraying her self.

... now in the back of my mind I am thinking to take my birkin
to a paintor person and have them do something like this, but how safe would you/he/i feel leaving an Hermes Birkin to be painted?

how far would you go to make the bag personalized specifically for your self?

I just don't have the chutzpah to have my image painted on a bag. I "like" myself fine, good self esteem and all that, but I don't [like] myself in that way to have my bag painted with my likeness. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not that vain. I suppose if I were rich and famous...! I think the only way I'd personalize my bag is to have my initials stamped on the leather. I know, I know, I'm such a wimp! LOL!

I just don't have the chutzpah to have my image painted on a bag. I "like" myself fine, good self esteem and all that, but I don't [like] myself in that way to have my bag painted with my likeness. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not that vain. I suppose if I were rich and famous...! I think the only way I'd personalize my bag is to have my initials stamped on the leather. I know, I know, I'm such a wimp! LOL!
well it wouldn't be my face omg haha that'd be a terrible thing to carry
it'd be something that means something to met you know.

Curious, it was a gift right?
well sort of, i paid $7,900 my bf took care of the rest

It depends on the artist!One can paint a master piece,another could ruined your bag.
If I've had lot of Birkin,and one particularly used,I could try!
But only if I've had several Birkins,that's why,often,customized expensive bags are associated to extreme lux,or even,class:here in France,it's very trendy to wear lux,like if it was usual,normal,effortless.
Look at Louis Vuitton,they regularly invite an artist to customize their bags and to create the buz.
Anyway,you've to be very carefull with the painting,the leather must breaths,the painture could peel off(hope it's clear:shame:smile:,this point could stop me,I would have to be sure of the result after some months.
Why not trying on a less expensive bag,a tote too,like a whitebus for exemple,is the Birkin's choice important for you?
To be quiet,if I did it,I would invite the artist to paint in my home,or I would stay at the atelier the time needed.

Last edited: