how far will exotics stretch?

CindyKay

loyal BV fan
Jan 13, 2011
Houston, TX
Hi everyone! CL newbie here. Just bought a pair of Hyper Prive 120mm in Python (Roccia color) while I was vacationing in Asia. I'm usually a US size 6.5 - 7, and I got a pair in CL size 36.5 (tried the 36 and they were way too snug, unbearably uncomfortable... and the 36.5 fitted in the toe box, but I'm left with heel slippage problem (think I have thin ankles?) Read on here that I can buy heel cushions to stick to the back of both heels to prevent slippage, but how far will exotics stretch? I searched high and low and couldn't find an answer to this... will someone that owns exotics comment and help me out? :smile: If they stretch too far, will I be left with a pair of shoes that are 1/2 or a full size bigger than my normal shoe size, so I won't be able to wear them anymore? :sad:

I can't return and exchange these as they are purchased overseas... and I can't post a picture now as they are being sent off to a local cobbler for the red rubber sole backings. I'm having second thoughts now as to the sizing of these shoes... should I be getting the 36 instead that were unbearably... uncomfortably... snug in the first place, so I can stretch them out? or... I'm doing ok with the 36.5? Appreciate any comments.

Thanks!!

CEC.LV4eva

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
they do stretch... but are you going to wear exotics daily?

At least I don't (I don't even wear regular CLs every day). So even if they stretch, it'll take a while. By the time they do, just bring it to the cobbler. You can pad for sure down and up, but a cobbler can put in some permanent insoles that will lift your entire foot up and decrease the size by half. There's always something you can do, so I'm never worried if shoes are big on me. However buying shoes that are too small is a big problem because that doesn't leave much room to play with.

I always think it's best to buy shoes that are comfortable at the time you try them on right from the beginning. You should be able to enjoy shoes right away, not having to wait for them to stretch months later while giving you pain, ingrown toenails, and other problems to endure. That's just me, but I have low tolerance and impatience for things that give me trouble right from the start.

CindyKay

loyal BV fan
Jan 13, 2011
Houston, TX
Thanks CEC.LV4eva! Your reply made me feel so much better... and reassured myself that I made the right decision on size. :smile: I'm a somewhat impatient person as well. I want instant results!! but that's just me. :P When the shoes become too big, I'll have a cobbler put permanent insoles on them, like you said.

I'm open to other comments, keep coming.... :yes: