How far off the deep end would you go for H?

As I sat at work today, bored out of my mind as it has been very slow this week, I started thinking about what H bags I would like, can't get, blah blah blah. Then I started to think, how far would I go to get a bag that I KNEW was there, just sitting in an H store. Assuming they could hold a bag for you...how far would you go to get it? I'm not even talking HG bags...but that's an extension of the same scenario!

I was getting some scary answers coming out of my feeble bored mind today, which included planes, passports, re-arranging schedules, asking friends who didn't work to drive/fly to pick up for me....then there was the problem of "what am I going to tell DH??" Was wondering if there is anyone else out there as nutty as I am??? I think I am definitely ready for H therapy. :upsidedown: Either that or I'm thinking, I need to get a hobby!

Are you kidding me?? I think that's totally normal! I'm currently in school in the middle of nowhere, and while I did think of taking a trip to more enlightened places, they're just too far away, so now I'm set on applying to two schools in big cities that have H! (and Fendi, Dior, all those goodies that I love :lol:). My mother does not know about my application plans or she would kill me for sure!

You are so cracking me up! That's just the point!! For an HG we all know, it's almost at all cost. I'm just even talking about a bag that you just want. My trip changing is just to take a LOOK and have the probability of finding something that I would like to get!! I think if I lived in Paris, I would just smoke cigarettes and drink coffee because I would not have any money to eat or drink anything else!:yes:
:roflmfao:
LOL That's why the Parisian gals are so thin !

It was not so far , but so un-practical....I actually did this :

I once drove 5 1/2 hours. Then took a plane for 1 1/2 hour and a taxi for 20 minutes to go and get a bag.

Then... all the way back.

That was winter time. The roads were snowy....

I had my birkin order from Paris sent to my brother's address in another country where they did have import duties, when it arrived, I arranged for him to meet his interior decorator:graucho:, so he had to fly over here, paying for the hotel & offered to pay for his airfare which he declined but I got my bag a few days after he received it!

Love your story, perlerare. I have been meaning to ask: How old is vintage? Does it have to be more than 15 years old?

Since I found H I have regularly had dreams about H bags and scarves and other items. I live in a country without any H stores so I just have to plan my trips so that I can visit H. Hardly anyone I know even knows what H is so it´s rather difficult to explain why I can only travel to cities with H. Give me some Picotrin please! Or Hermesacillin. Or Birkinol. :P

About the only thing I have done that I consider remotely close to going off the deep end was the day I drove six hours straight to get a bag. I had originally been scheduled to have the bag shipped to me, but my SA wasn't there the day I called and the manager refused to ship it (:cursing:). It was about ten in the morning when she told me that. I just grabbed my purse, got into my car, and drove nonstop to Atlanta. Looking back I can't believe I actually did that.

I thought travelling to the ends of the earth to get a bag was normal. :biggrin: Oh dear, I better check my meds.

How about travelling to 3 H stores in two weeks (one near home, one a 2 hour flight, one a 3.5 hour drive) just to browse and not to pick up anything in particular?

If I weren't busy and had commitments, I'd be on the train daily to any of 5 different H boutiques all within a 4 hour ride of me. I also don't like trains or driving long distances. So....I'm safe from myself.
In passing the other day I said "Hey honey, you know Paris is only a 4.5 hour drive away." :biggrin: I've planted the seed.....now he just has to say "Let's go!" thinking it was his idea from the beginning. :P