How far off the deep end would you go for H?

silverbuddha - i begged & received 2x 30cm birkin, in parchemin togo & gold togo + 2 birkin orders for this yr. :P

julide - my experience in paris store wasnt as smoothsailing & easy like some other members might share - it definitely wasnt as easy as walking in, asking for birkin & viola, i got it...

(since u asked, I wld love to share & sorry, this is going to be a loooooong story, lol) :shame:

on my 1st day, i went in before lunch & actually stood around for abt 20 mins monitoring the situation around - all the SAs were busy as bees, attending to customers, i saw orange boxes opened constantly, birkins/kellys flying out of boxes - it was a real adrenalin rush just to view all the 'commotion' around the shop... :wtf:

i was definitely very intimidated by the scene as i have had afew brush-offs by SAs in other countries (this is why i decided to go to paris after reading so many success stories in TPF) - i really didnt know where to start & get going... while i stayed in my corner, there were 2 initial SAs that walked past me & asked what I wanted - i was blunt, BIRKIN came out of my mouth & i was told 'SORRY, NO BIRKINS AT ALL'...

by now, i was getting stressed out (by the 2 SAs replies & my DH was getting impatient) - so i decided to tweak 'strategy' & browse around the store instead of waiting around for the 'right' SA.

I spotted some lovely items at the small accessories section - there I met my lifesaver SA who was at that counter. After deliberation (& lots of small talk/flirting.lol), i selected 2 items, a wallet & a lindy - then my DH asked the SA if i had any luck to get a birkin too... he said 'BIRKINS? ITS IMPOSSIBLE!!!'... so i tried to push it further, I fluttered my eyes, lol & told him that my dream was to get a birkin in light & bright colors (bad move actually as i was eliminating alot of colors but I really wanted to be very selective with my 1st birkin).... I also asked if i might get lucky after lunch? he replied 'maybe, maybe not' *wink*... (he was a very cheeky french man, i loved it!)

so i reserved my bags & went back after lunch - when he appeared, he told me ' i got something special for you' - i was like :yahoo::nuts:

he came back with my boxes & said 'this is the cherry on the cake - i hope you will like it' & pulled out a parchemin birkin - i had mixed feelings abt it... it was not pink, not white... i didnt consider this color at all... my DH whispered 'there are a few ladies eyeing at you right now if u didnt realise - so JUST GET IT, it looks great!!!' so i did. that was end of day 1.

i went back on day 2, day 3 - store was quiet, no birkins (or maybe not the colors he thought i wld like) but i still got some twillys & a watch strap for my MEDOR watch... then chatted with my SA abt sightsee locations, & every chance i had, i wld tell him how much i wanted something PINK,lol... i attempted to ask for an order - he said NO, its impossible...
(& i realised something - when store is busy = there are birkins, when its quiet = no birkins)

then on day 4 - my SA knew it was my last day... i went back in for something neutral... he said he had orange & gold birkin - so i took gold.

I gave my last shot & whined/pleaded if he cld get me something pink, i told him i was desperate & I wld settle for any style, i was ok waiting till the cows come home, i just want a PINK bag, lol!!! miraculously, he pulled out some catalogue file, started typing in the system, then he said, 'ok, i got nothing for you except a fuchsia ostrich birkin - do you want to order?' I was like :nuts:, YES of course i want!!! (that was exactly what i went to paris FOR & was telling this cheeky naughty SA for 4 consecutive days how much I yearned for this combo!!!!)

so end of the day, i came home a very contented gal & now I await the arrival of my orders. :girlsigh::wlae:

p/s: after paris trip, my DH is convinced that it is quite a task to get a birkin so he has gained respect for this brand i lust... he was complimenting me, telling me he was impressed with my 'achievements' in paris.... hahahaha

Love your story bbbochap, shows how perserverance and most importantly manners will get you everywhere.

Is there no limitation on how many Birkins you can buy in Paris? My SA in London told me only 1 Birkin and 1 Kelly a year

mooks - thanks! glad you enjoyed it too. :biggrin:

YES, thru my short span of love for H, I have learnt to understand that perserverance & patience really do pay off... the 'tactics' that the generous ladies here share - they are indeed advice of GOLD & for anyone trying to get a birkin - LEARN & apply cos it really works!

Yes there are 'limitations' - my SA did initially say 1 birkin per customer. But I learnt that rules can be bent, its really all up to the SA. :biggrin:

Thank you for the story Bbbochap! It sounds like persistance and politeness is the key! Did you keep in contact with the SA there? Do you intend to go back to Paris again to purchase bags? Sorry not trying to interview you but it sounds like you had a successful shopping experience! When I was in Paris at FSH it was a madhouse and there were several 30 cm Birkins floating around the store! So good point! Lots of people = push to the front of the line to get your Birkin!!!

So, I am seriously thinking of altering my vacation this weekend, JUST so that I can check out the H stores in Hawaii!! Keep in mind, the cargo in tow....2.5yr old son, DH, SS, nanny, golf clubs, luggage!! This would include a hotel as well as rebooking of flights....Anyone with a family knows..once you get to the airport, you don't want to pack/unpack the car again! Yes, I am seriously thinking of actually DITCHING the family for a night, letting them go on without me for a day, JUST so that I can check out the stores in Oahu. DH was so happy that the island that we are going to does NOT have and H store!! :idea: I have two more days to decide!!!

this is a no brainer....there are TWO to choose from.....you can be over and back before they even know you are gone....and have gone not just to one one but TWO stores :yes:

bbbochap: Congratulations! x3 !! If I was reading correctly, you are now expecting 3 Birkins? Parchmin, Gold and Pink Ostrich. Is that right? Holy Cow!! You hit the jackpot, seriously! Can't wait to see photos of your triplets!

Thank you for the story Bbbochap! It sounds like persistance and politeness is the key! Did you keep in contact with the SA there? Do you intend to go back to Paris again to purchase bags? Sorry not trying to interview you but it sounds like you had a successful shopping experience! When I was in Paris at FSH it was a madhouse and there were several 30 cm Birkins floating around the store! So good point! Lots of people = push to the front of the line to get your Birkin!!!

Julide, I wrote a THANK YOU note to my SA before I left paris - i felt that was the least I could do to show my appreciation for all his help.

I have not contacted him since. :P

I actually have thoughts of going back to paris again this JUNE if my schedule allows. :graucho:

How was your paris experience? Was it good??? :yes:

Paris store does get super busy ya - if one did not have any inkling abt Hermes bags, he/she wld prob think there was some SALE going on in the store, lol :biggrin:

bbbochap: Congratulations! x3 !! If I was reading correctly, you are now expecting 3 Birkins? Parchmin, Gold and Pink Ostrich. Is that right? Holy Cow!! You hit the jackpot, seriously! Can't wait to see photos of your triplets!

silverbuddha, thanks! :lol: I reckon I did get lucky, all thanks to the lovely SA tt assisted me.

I got the parchemin & gold birkins already.
& i got 2 orders - vert anis togo & ostrich fushsia birkins.

Vert anis was ready this mth & on delivery.

Now I am only waiting for my birdie.

You got quite a loot of croc i see (from your signature pic) - they look gorgeous!!!:upsidedown: