How early do you start your Christmas shopping?

Well Thanksgiving in Canada is on October 8th so that is not too far away!

Thanks for all your input! I'm glad that I won't be the only one if I start now :sweatdrop:

I shop all through out the year. When I see something I think the person will love or I hear them mention something I get it right away.

It makes shopping easy and as someone mention spreads the cost throughout the year. I keep an ongoing list of what I have bought and who I still need to but for in my agenda and always put all the gifts on one shelf in my 'gift/sunshine' closet, which is a walk in closet, I outfitted with shelves and my hubby put a lock on for me, to keep the kids out ;) It really helps to store it in all one place!

I early October, I start wrapping what I have and finsh anyone off who I haven't bought for yet. By Halloween I am done and wrapped :smile:

Just for fun some pics of my 'gift/sunshine closet':

g2.jpg

g1.jpg

g5.jpg

g3.jpg

I also store my big bags here:

s1-2.jpg

sigh....if i could only be like you tink....your setup is great

i usually wait till 2 days and then im so upset and hate shopping because i feel so much pressure to get all the gifts which btw i didn't even think about what to get so im walking around clueless

I shop year round, too. Always have. I used to work at GAP so I would buy a lot of stuff when the first round of fall clothes went on clearance (in like, september) and I ALWAYS browse the clearance racks at any stores I'm in. Sometimes I end up with extras for a person or two but there are always birthdays etc! I think another good reason for it is that if you buy your presents in the month before christmas, there is a better chance that someone else doing holiday shopping found it for the same person you did!

i am in awe of you tink!

i try and start early but last year i couldn't get in to it and waited til the very last minute. this year i'm going to try and start early. i already have 1 thing for my brother.... gotta start thinking. the kids are the hardest part because i have a lot of nephews and nieces and i like to get them all the same thing (well the boys one thing and the girls another) and it's really hard to think of things i haven't gotten them already.

I shop all through out the year. When I see something I think the person will love or I hear them mention something I get it right away.

It makes shopping easy and as someone mention spreads the cost throughout the year. I keep an ongoing list of what I have bought and who I still need to but for in my agenda and always put all the gifts on one shelf in my 'gift/sunshine' closet, which is a walk in closet, I outfitted with shelves and my hubby put a lock on for me, to keep the kids out ;) It really helps to store it in all one place!

I early October, I start wrapping what I have and finsh anyone off who I haven't bought for yet. By Halloween I am done and wrapped :smile:

Just for fun some pics of my 'gift/sunshine closet':

g2.jpg

g1.jpg

g5.jpg

g3.jpg

I also store my big bags here:

s1-2.jpg

^^I do the same thing. I like to take a nice vacation, and go to see my family each year, so I try to take care of Christmas shopping all year long. I do the same for Birthdays. It's just a load off my mine to know that I'm covered. This way, you can take advantage of all the sales all year long.

I usually start in october. This year we already got my Mil's present. It's pretty much what Vintagelove said, if we something that screams someone's name, we get it no matter what month it is.

For those of you who start early, good for you!! It's such a hassle to fight the crowds in December.
I find I'm able to pick up little things here and there as gifts for my nephews and niece. But when shopping for family/friends, I used to buy things early, only to discover they've gone ahead and bought the same thing for themselves! So I have to go through returning the items..

I have already started for this year's gifts. I usually start in September (although this year I bought some stuff in August, because I was afraid specific items would be gone from the stores). All the gifts I've bought so far have been wrapped, and I'll be shipping them soon to my parents' house in MI.

I know it's crazy, but from a practical standpoint, it's a lot easier on the budget if you shop early as opposed to blowing all your money in December and then being broke. By the time December comes, I'm done shopping and I don't have to worry about having an empty bank account.