How Durable is the Smooth Leather Chameleon?

Mar 31, 2009
I went through a lot of the Chameleon threads and know that opinions are high on the durability of the pebbled leather version, but I haven't seen much on the smooth leather version. I'm interested in the large tote in black, which I've only seen in smooth leather, and I'd be using it as a work/travel bag that would go with me on flights etc., so it would have to be pretty tough. If you've had one for a while, how is it holding up? Is it prone to scratching? Have you been caught with it in the rain, and if so how'd it do etc.?

TIA!

I went through a lot of the Chameleon threads and know that opinions are high on the durability of the pebbled leather version, but I haven't seen much on the smooth leather version. I'm interested in the large tote in black, which I've only seen in smooth leather, and I'd be using it as a work/travel bag that would go with me on flights etc., so it would have to be pretty tough. If you've had one for a while, how is it holding up? Is it prone to scratching? Have you been caught with it in the rain, and if so how'd it do etc.?

TIA!

I'm wondering the same thing too. Fendi has a chemeleon wallet in pink that I'm thinking about buying.