How durable is the saddle bag?

soxcoco7

Aug 15, 2020
Looking at getting a mini saddle as a everyday bag. Is the leather durable? If you only carry a phone and wallet does it work? How's the stitching and quality?

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
The quality from Dior is comparable to brands like Fendi, Loewe, and Celine, which I think is very good. Are you getting the grained calfskin version? The Dior grained calfskin is supreme. Very hard-wearing and durable.

cocoelsa

Dec 31, 2019
I have a Medium sized white saddle bag in the grained calf skin and would say it's very durable! I always wipe it down with a baby wipe when I am done with it, but I don't feel like I'm scared to use it.
That being said, it's a pretty annoying bag to get in and out of. I do use it a fair amount because I love it, but it would never be my everyday bag.

finsmith

Jul 29, 2019
I have a vintage saddle in tan leather and the new mini saddle in black. The newer bags feel more luxurious and well made but are more delicate than the vintage

Reactions: papertiger

PandaBunny

Aug 27, 2020
I have been debating on getting a leather dior saddle flap bag. will the constant of opening and closing the flap create tear around the edge? I've always wondered will it actually make it softer and easier to use.

Aug 27, 2020
Looking at getting a mini saddle as a everyday bag. Is the leather durable? If you only carry a phone and wallet does it work? How's the stitching and quality?
I carry mine everyday, it’s great for day to night. I have the grained leather and it’s super durable. And don’t scratch easy.

Reactions: averagejoe

cocoelsa

Dec 31, 2019
I have been debating on getting a leather dior saddle flap bag. will the constant of opening and closing the flap create tear around the edge? I've always wondered will it actually make it softer and easier to use.
I've used my leather larger size saddle bag loads and haven't seen any wear around the edge. It's a super durable bag, just not super useful

Reactions: averagejoe