How durable is the "new" 09s/s lambskin purple.....

deb68nc

O.G.
Jul 23, 2008
I'm basically new to chanel and I'm researching a lot and getting "MUCH" information from more informative girls on tpf. Anyway, here is a pic of the new 09 s/s purple this year and I was wondering if this will be a durable everyday bag (or atleast almost everyday bag) as opposed to this purple caviar bag. The caviar is so expensive....Here are both pics and any information would be greatly appreciated...

355300600.jpg

I adjust the color in Picasa 3. It looks as close s I can remember but not 100% true to the real color.

As opposed to this caviar...the price will knock you over..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160316965764

Last edited:
i think the purple caviar would be more durable and you'll probably get more out of it than the maxi lambskin, with the 'wings' issue and unstructured look, it's really personal preference.

should read up on the 'maxi' threads, there's heaps here that might help you decide

but if i had to choose a purple, i'd rather get the caviar.

i think the purple caviar would be more durable and you'll probably get more out of it than the maxi lambskin, with the 'wings' issue and unstructured look, it's really personal preference.

should read up on the 'maxi' threads, there's heaps here that might help you decide

but if i had to choose a purple, i'd rather get the caviar.

I'm waiting for the "jumbo" purple lambskin that's due out in March. Not the maxi. I def. don't want that one. So, again my question is would you be able to keep the lambskin in good shape as far as wear goes or only be able to use it on occasion....

i'd still go for caviar, i believe the lambskin purple in jumbo will be a softer finish too. no wings issue however, but in terms of keeping it in good shape after a long time, caviar will be the winner hands down. Lambskin, you'll probably need to worry about the sides being puffy, if you don't mind the puffy look i guess it's a good choice. The colour probably stands out more than caviar but a lot of care required, gotta watch out for scratches etc etc..

Unless..the purple lambskin's leather is the harder ones, which we see in the classic blacks or the one blake lively carries, yum..i wouldnt mind getting those over the caviar :smile:)

touch decision! but maintainence wise, lambskin is higher.
sorry i can't help you decide >.<

Caviar wins hands down over lambskin in a durability contest. If you so much as bump into a door with any sort of force, your lamb bag will show the battle scars. :P Also, over time and with a lot of use, the puffy lamb quilting can deflate. The maxi lambskin isn't very well made IMO. The flap has a tendency to look like it's about to take flight... not a great look haha. :P Plus, a soft lambskin flap that big, well, I'm sure after a few years it will look its age. :sweatdrop: Although, I must say, the soft caviar used on the maxis is actually LESS sturdy than the lamb :nuts:... regardless though, I'm not sure the lamb maxi would fare well in the long run.

As far as the '06 violet caviar Jumbo goes, I would pick that hands down. That exact violet caviar Jumbo is a HG of mine, but I personally cannot pay a 300% inflated price for a used bag (FYI: the retail in '06 was $1695). :faint: Again, my opinion may be biased, since I own and use very few lambskin bags... the bulk of my collection is caviar, patent, or calf. The few lambskin bags I have get used with such infrequency that I'd have to use a microscope to find any flaws haha. :P Good luck deciding on the right bag for you! :flowers:

^Aww, that's sweet of you to say Julia! :blush: I wouldn't know a thing without tPF though haha. :P

**Oops, in my original post, I meant to say this:

Although, I must say, the soft caviar used on the maxis is actually LESS sturdy than the lamb
nuts.gif
... regardless though, I'm not sure the lamb maxi would not fare well in the long run.