How durable is Miu Miu vs. Prada?

pcarol

O.G.
Feb 11, 2008
I've had several bad experience with LV's product which I thought was wonderful before. Now, I might have slipped away and started looking at sth else.

I never own a leather bag before, may I ask you all how durable is a leather bag from either Miu Miu or Prada? Can you comment on them?

I know LV bags can last for years without looking too old. How about leather bags? How many years should I expect from a Miu Miu / Prada handbag before it can so worn out and needed a new one?

I'm planning on getting the bow from Miu Miu... any alternative suggesitons are welcomed.

My criteria:
1) black in color
2) a shoulder strap for wearing the bag across the body or on the shoulder.
3) preferably light weight
4) can hold A4 paper

I'm new to these 2 brands, pls leave your thoughts here.

Any pics showing your vintage leather bags from Miu Miu / Prada from so-and-so years would be highly appreciated.

My advice: make sure you check that the bag is made of treated leather. My Miu Miu is made of untreated buffalo leather, and it didn't do too well in rainy weather, water stains and all urgh. I don't know about you, but I hate having to feel anxious just because it's raining!!!

I personally won't buy a Prada nylon bag, but that's just me. I'd rather pay more for a leather one... but if you love the nylon ones, why not? :smile:

I don't particularly like nylon cos I love the agnes b bags in nylon that are so lightweight; more compartments inside the bag for junks and the price is like 1/4 of nylon Prada.

How durable are leather Prada bags? I never own a leather bag in my life (can you believe that?) and I just wonder how durable it is compared to nylon bags. The reason I never did own a leather bag is I never know how to treat leather bags and I don't baby them. In my concept, I know that leather bags are expensive so I never bother to look at them considering I was just a student back then.

Now, working for a few years and got some money saved up, seemed that it's time for me to invest in a designer bag. I in fact would go for LV epi but it's too heavy; LV mono / damier canvas scream "LV" too much but I love the light weight of them. Seemed that I can't find too much stuff that I would particularly like at LV so that's why I turn to Prada / Miu Miu / YSL and other reputatble brands. Sorry for being long here but I'm really trying my best to find 1 bag that suits me. I really need you girls' help. :smile: