How does your SO react to your bag purchases?

I am forever reminded this his mom had one bag and one bag only. Funny, my ex-boyfriend always said the same thing. My mom was real frugal too, I bought her a Fendi and she has no clue what they are worth..lol.

My husband now refuses to talk about the bags and has said I have so many and he will never ever buy me one . I try to tell him I don't care about his stupid music video/ dvd collection (he has like 100+ rare Beatles dvd's) and I always get him what he wants so he should get me what I want. It sucks!

He liked one bag and 1 bag only and I sold it... the LV dentelle silver speedy 30- I just got too much attention, no matter where I went, people would stop me, pet it, etc... I hate that.

My wonderful husband thinks that designer bags are a racket. He believes the $2000.00 bag costs around $200-300 to make. He knows how much I enjoy my bags though. He was the one that surprised me with my first Jimmy Choo bag. He has more respect for Bottega Veneta out of all my other bags because of the workmanship. He also appreciates,as I do, that they are not as recognizable and widely carried. I have been through stocking up on nice shoes, then nice pants, then nice denim. Now it is nice bags. He told me he will be thrilled when I go back to shoes and denim!

My husband looks back fondly at the days when a $300 pair of shoes was a splurge, and a $200 Coach bag was the most expensive bag in my closet. Haha, and he thought I was low maintenance when he married me! Now, he would fall over in shock if I bought a bag a) not BV b)less than $500 c) without consulting my tPF experts!! He gets a kick out of how much "research" I do before buying a bag, but knows that at least when I do spend $$$ on a bag it will be the right bag.

Haha, and he thought I was low maintenance when he married me!

So does mine!!! Little did he know then. :graucho:

Now, he would fall over in shock if I bought a bag a) not BV b)less than $500 c) without consulting my tPF experts!! He gets a kick out of how much "research" I do before buying a bag, but knows that at least when I do spend $$$ on a bag it will be the right bag.

He's always saying I'm "talking" to my purse friends. :rolleyes:

My bf always knows to give me my "tPF" time :yes:. And I actually used to hide my new purchases from him, but he was upset when he found out that I felt the need to hide anything, so now I show him everything.

And he likes bottega veneta! He says he loves it when I'm happy and if something makes me happy, he wants me to have it.

^How sweet!:girlsigh:

Mine learned his lesson way back...he knows that I will not stop talking about a certain item that I saw and did not get. He also now knows that I will go back to the shop and regret it even further if it is no longer available. :crybaby:

He is so used to my shopping habits that he even insists that I get a matching item for my purchase i.e. - a wallet, shoes or sunnies to match a handbag. One day, I was browsing the shops in Collins St., Melbourne on my own and the ladies at the boutique were asking for him!:P

We currently travel between Melbourne/Manila due to business and he now shares my new found love for BV! Really glad that there is a BV shop here 'coz we don't have one in Melbourne.

He is also very pleased that I found out about tPF and is the one taking all the pics I post, and is helping me with my handbag wish list...:heart: what more can I ask for?:rolleyes:

My sweet DH is amused by the bag fetish. I spend only my own money on this habit, so he can't really complain. He loves high-quality leather products as much as I do; so whenever I bring a new bag home, he likes to check out the craftsmanship and leather and see how it's put together. The guy used to build saddles in his spare time, so he takes the liberty of deconstructing any hunk of animal hide that enters this house. I just stand there and shake my head, wondering what the comments will be. I must say that whenever Hermes and BV cross the threshold, the man is impressed.

He does tease me about the bags' colourful social lives and petty rivalries on the closet shelf. (i.e., "Are you sure that the Lanvin won't pick another fight with the Bottega? They're awfully close together, and you remember what happened last time." Or the ever-popular, "How did you get the Hermes out of the house without all the others throwing a tantrum?") Then I casually remind him that he once had 14 vintage cars all at one time, all awaiting restoration. That usually puts an end to it.

Not once has he asked why I need so many bags, though (smart man).

My SO doesn't understand why women need to spend so much money on something like purses. I wish he had some expensive habits of his own, but he really doesn't. His bar of what is "expensive" has changed given that a couple of years ago he thought Coach was expensive(a slow training process, LOL). He just grudgingly puts up with it because I pay for it with my own money.

at least I have one reason to be happy to be single, no one to justify my spending habits too. ;)

the only time I have to hide my bags is when my parents are in town and staying in my bedroom. any idea why I always tell them I'll go visit them instead?? :lol:

at least I have one reason to be happy to be single, no one to justify my spending habits too. ;)

the only time I have to hide my bags is when my parents are in town and staying in my bedroom. any idea why I always tell them I'll go visit them instead?? :lol:

LOL! I prefer visiting my parents instead of the other way around too sometimes. My mom is a more of neat freak than I am so I gotta get the cleaning lady to come a few days before she does. :P

My DH is the one who introduced and educated me on designer bags.... (guess he's now regretting that very much)...... at that time I wasn't married to him yet and I was only 17 then ! LOL!

He encourages me to plonk our money on ONE good designer bag, than to buy 5 'department' store kinda bags......

When he travels, he'll call me whenever he stumbles on BV and ask if I want him to pick up a BV for me, especially since it's 10% cheaper!!!

He's sweet, a simple guy who does not see the need to buy another pair of navy blue bermudas when he still can fit into the current one, but he indulges me all the time......

He plays a lot of golf. He told his golfing pals that the reason why I allow him to play so much golf is because, he isn't using any money whilst on the golf course (club members, so no green fees required) and these savings goes into my designer bags purchases !!!

^ Now if all our DH/SO/partner are like yours, mlbags, we would all stay married for 20 years! His def a keeper. ;)

ms piggy thanks, yes, he's a keeper..... but you know what, I sometimes wish he'll spend some money on himself - a shirt, another set of golf clubs, a new wallet to replace his current worn but usable one, etc, then I wouldn't feel so guilty when I splurge on bags..... yeah, someone might suggest that I just buy him a new wallet rthen, which I did the last time and guess what, he kept it in the box for almost a year before I forced him to replace his old wallet! He said I can use his share of the money! :heart: love him!

i am fortunate or unfortunate enough to work, so i earn my own keep and decides on how to spend my own money.
we do have joint accounts and we make major purchases together e.g. car, property, investments etc. but as long as i contribute my share of it, i can spend the remaining of my money any way i want ;)

the only thing he is complaining about it the lack of space! you see, my wardrobe is bursting, so i have all my handbags on the floor...in one corner of guest room...and that corner is ever expanding! ha.
i have been nagging at home to build new wardrobes, but he refused due to the hassle....
so...that's my story ;)