How does your significant other feel about your passion for LV?

miss_h

Jun 30, 2014
Hello everyone,
this is my first thread on TPF since I had to wait a few days for my account to be activated.

My question to you all is how does your boyfriend/husband or girlfriend/wife react to your passion for this brand?

My boyfriend actually gifted me two bags and might get me a cles as well in the near future but I feel so bad because once I get a new item after two weeks or so I am lusting for my next purchase and I have no problem buying them myself but I dont wan't him to feel like I'm not satisfied with the bags he has bought me.

So for you ladies, how does your significant other react to your purchases?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,
this is my first thread on TPF since I had to wait a few days for my account to be activated.

My question to you all is how does your boyfriend/husband or girlfriend/wife react to your passion for this brand?

My boyfriend actually gifted me two bags and might get me a cles as well in the near future but I feel so bad because once I get a new item after two weeks or so I am lusting for my next purchase and I have no problem buying them myself but I dont wan't him to feel like I'm not satisfied with the bags he has bought me.

So for you ladies, how does your significant other react to your purchases?

Thanks!

Welcome to the TPF family! :happydance:
my husband is as passionate about diving as I am with LV.. and man diving gear and guns can get really pricey... but he just finished college so we're not exactly rolling in dough... YET :roflmfao:
so we keep each other in check :giggles:

Welcome to the TPF family! :happydance:
my husband is as passionate about diving as I am with LV.. and man diving gear and guns can get really pricey... but he just finished college so we're not exactly rolling in dough... YET :roflmfao:
so we keep each other in check :giggles:

Thanks for the welcome :smile:
That's good your husband is just as passionate about something as well.
Do you guys alternate on who makes a large purchase?

My boyfriend is a big saver and doesn't spend too much money on himself.

My husband at first wasn't happy about it but now he understands why I love LV & even said he would like a men's wallet!

He has his addiction (guitars and his xbox one) and I have Louis Vuitton!

Everyone wins! :smile:

Welcome!!! I'm kind of new to TPF myself!

I've been waiting for this thread for a while...I've always loved bags, my husband used to get me Coach bags (from the boutique not the outlet) for special occasions. My mom got me my forst LV for my 30th B-Day. My husband has a good job, we are both salaried employees but I'm a manager and make maybe a little more than twice what he makes..We have a great house and 2 kids and lots of expenses...but I always get my LV fix. Lately I've been obsessed and he isn't that happy about it, nor is my family. I don't know why, because my mom has a few LV herself...anyways, here Iam, almost 40 with extra $ I can put towards a nice LV, however, I find myself lying to my hubby to get out of the house to go to the boutique and get something and I have shipped a couple of preloved to my work and they are still here...I can't find a way to sneak them in...not to even consider wearing with him...He went with me to get my speedy B at the boutique and he was upset at the prices....this sucks..I don't want him to feel bad that he can't buy them for me..and I can..

Thanks for the welcome :smile:
That's good your husband is just as passionate about something as well.
Do you guys alternate on who makes a large purchase?
My boyfriend is a big saver and doesn't spend too much money on himself.

We actually do!
that's so funny!! but when I get ridiculous, he puts his foot down.. and tells me straight out that we cant afford it just yet...

and I noticed your collection.. BAG TWINS! :cloud9:
but my neverfull doesn't have the pochette :sad:

My new mono fuscia 6 key ring cles is coming in this weekend, plus a luggage tag I ordered and I'm trying to find a way to sneak out of the house either saturday or sunday....:nogood:

I've been waiting for this thread for a while...I've always loved bags, my husband used to get me Coach bags (from the boutique not the outlet) for special occasions. My mom got me my forst LV for my 30th B-Day. My husband has a good job, we are both salaried employees but I'm a manager and make maybe a little more than twice what he makes..We have a great house and 2 kids and lots of expenses...but I always get my LV fix. Lately I've been obsessed and he isn't that happy about it, nor is my family. I don't know why, because my mom has a few LV herself...anyways, here Iam, almost 40 with extra $ I can put towards a nice LV, however, I find myself lying to my hubby to get out of the house to go to the boutique and get something and I have shipped a couple of preloved to my work and they are still here...I can't find a way to sneak them in...not to even consider wearing with him...He went with me to get my speedy B at the boutique and he was upset at the prices....this sucks..I don't want him to feel bad that he can't buy them for me..and I can..

Hmm.. That's a tough one but I think you should have a talk with him because I am sure that you worked hard to make the money that you do and you shouldn't feel ashamed to use those funds for your enjoyment. I understand where he's coming from as well but it shouldn't make you hide your purchases!!! Good luck

We actually do!
that's so funny!! but when I get ridiculous, he puts his foot down.. and tells me straight out that we cant afford it just yet...

and I noticed your collection.. BAG TWINS! :cloud9:
but my neverfull doesn't have the pochette :sad:

Yay!
How do you like your Alma BB? It's my newest bag!!

My husband at first wasn't happy about it but now he understands why I love LV & even said he would like a men's wallet!

He has his addiction (guitars and his xbox one) and I have Louis Vuitton!

Everyone wins! :smile:

same here! my Justin didn't understand why ladies would spend so much on a purse, but then when I showed him vintage bags.. and explained the longevity of the canvas bags (that's all we can afford right now :giggles:smile: he's more relaxed about it.
and like yours, he has his diving and xbox one! haha

Yay!
How do you like your Alma BB? It's my newest bag!!

she is actually my most favorite bag! :love:
I use her all the time!
and im actually contemplating selling my nf and favorite mm to get me the epi in fuscia!
I love the size and shape.
I think she looks adorable when held on the crook of the arm.
are you enjoying her?!

I'm some what in the same boat! I make quite a bit more than my DH, which honestly itsn't a problem. He's still in college, and I'm in college too but already have an established career. I think he just is concerned because of the prices and how many purses he's seen through the door as of late! But I have slowed down... which makes him happy. I think there needs to be a positive balance, for instance I wanted a new purse but chose to book a vacation for the both of us... my purse can wait :smile: You shouldn't have to lie about it... have you tried talking to him about it??

That's a shame. You should be able to enjoy your purchases and not worry about such things. Have you tried talking to him?

I do not have a husband that understands my passion for LV. He helps me keep it in check, because if he was a total enabler...well, that would not be good! I can take him with me, but I do not discuss prices in front of him (unless it's just an SLG) as he'd be like WHAT?!? and steal my joy and make me second-guess myself. I did not marry a man that cares or has an opinion about LV (other than it being over priced) which is fine. I can't relate at all to those whose husbands have an opinion on a purse. Honestly, I don't want his opinion anyway since it's for me and not him! lol I do, however, love that he can teach me the pronunciations since French is a native language for him.

she is actually my most favorite bag! :love:
I use her all the time!
and im actually contemplating selling my nf and favorite mm to get me the epi in fuscia!
I love the size and shape.
I think she looks adorable when held on the crook of the arm.
are you enjoying her?!

Yeah definitely!
I love holding the bag on the crook of my arm also!
The only thing I don't like is due to the shape of the bag it is slower to get things in and out of it but the structure is what intially drew me to the bag.

I dont think you should sell your two bags for the epi! Try and save if you can for it so you'll have more variety but it depends how much you like the two bags you're contemplating selling!

Hmm.. That's a tough one but I think you should have a talk with him because I am sure that you worked hard to make the money that you do and you shouldn't feel ashamed to use those funds for your enjoyment. I understand where he's coming from as well but it shouldn't make you hide your purchases!!! Good luck

He acts as if it doesn't matter, but when he sees a new one he asks about it and I can see that he isn't really upset but he is worried I guess. He doesnt see that they are investment pieces and that they make me happy. I think he doesn't really make a big deal because he knows how much I work outside and in the home. We have 2 small children and he works a second shift. So I drive 3 hours a day and wake up at 5 am to exercise, tend to the girls stuff and take them to school, and then during the afternoon I'm alone with cooking, cleaning, bathing and getting them to bed..he has a different background and thinks that jewelry and bags are a waste of $... but he accepts it..:noworry: