How does your J12 match with your other jewelry??

wrapitup

O.G.
Jan 25, 2009
I am wondering if I am totally clueless or my co-worker is nuts?
After a staff meeting while chatting with a coworker she mentions that it really bothers her that my watch, a J12, white, 33mm, with diamond bezel is not the same metal/color as my wedding ring (for over 35 years) a 2+carrot, yellow gold.

I wear my watch on my left and love it. I thought she was nut?

Is it a faux pas that my watch and ring are not the same metal?

Reactions: MochaJen
I think it's fine to mix metals! I wear my stainless steel Michelle watch everyday, but I wear all different jewelry with it. I do mostly wear silver but a fair amount of yellow or rose gold too! I don't know why people have to be negative or give their opinion on what someone else does.

Reactions: MochaJen and Nerja
It’s definitely a personal preference!
I personally hate yellow gold & white ceramic but I admire other people’s jewelry all the time. I also find it incredibly rude to tell someone they don’t like their combination of jewelry... unless they’re buying you a matching set they should shut their mouth

She’s just jealous of the watch.... and the ring!

I think it's fine to mix metals! I wear my stainless steel Michelle watch everyday, but I wear all different jewelry with it. I do mostly wear silver but a fair amount of yellow or rose gold too! I don't know why people have to be negative or give their opinion on what someone else does.

Is she crazy? Who is she to judge? You wear what you like! How ever you like it!

It’s definitely a personal preference!
I personally hate yellow gold & white ceramic but I admire other people’s jewelry all the time. I also find it incredibly rude to tell someone they don’t like their combination of jewelry... unless they’re buying you a matching set they should shut their mouth

Thanks fot sharing your thoughts. I agree that it's a personal preference and she was rude.

Reactions: DreamingBeauty
After a staff meeting while chatting with a coworker she mentions that it really bothers her that my watch, a J12, white, 33mm, with diamond bezel is not the same metal/color as my wedding ring (for over 35 years) a 2+carrot, yellow gold.

Good grief, do NOT listen to your co-worker! I'm amazed someone would say this. I'm sure you look beautiful & chic w/ your J12 & wedding set. Please continue to wear it & love/enjoy it!!:tup::drinks:

Hmmm.. how was this positioned/delivered and how is her personality generally? is it possible that she is one of those oblivious and very straight forward people with no filter? Sometimes I wonder if I like those ppl better after dealing with fake and sneaky backstabbers.

However if you know it wasn’t the above, may I suggest you tell her that while your watch doesn’t match your ring, you are so glad for her that her face matches her personality perfectly?!?!:biggrin: :coolio::happydance::lol::giggle::drinks:

Reactions: wrapitup