How does your family feel about your love for Chanel!

My mom thinks it's a waste of money but wouldn't mind carrying one if she could. My sister is the complete opposite of me when it comes to luxury...she doesn't believe in it. I think her most expensive handbag is a Coach bag that my mom gifted her years ago.
My friends love the idea of Chanel but would never pull the trigger even though most have the means to do so (most are LV girls). My hubby is the only one that doesn't say anything bad about my expensive handbags...he thinks it's "cute" and since I pay with my own money, even better (for him). :whut:

Reactions: BagsNBaguettes
I don't know why people waste their time and energy judging people for things that others do. If you're an adult, you should realize it's none of your business! Those two aunts above should focus more on their lives in hopes to make it more interesting than the niece's closet! How embarrassing!

I think my immediate family would be concerned if they thought my finances and savings weren't in order, but it wouldn't matter what I was buying if that was the case. My mom and dad both love fashion though so I think they get it to a certain extent.

Hi girls,
Just curious, hoe do your families or loved ones respond to you love for Chanel? Are they enablers or perhaps judge you for it? I sometimes feel close relatives do not approve of my love for luxury handbags, resulting in them mocking me or commenting in a way that is not exactly positive.
My sister always laughs when I tell her about a purchase or she sees it on my arm. But not in a nice way, but more to ridicule me. Even though I can comfortably afford them and don’t use credit to buy or anything. My husband is a total enabler though, and my kids are just looking forward to the time they can borrow my bags. But still I sometimes find myself being reluctant to share my enthusiasm with my close family. They just don’t get my love for bags. They totally could afford them if they wanted, so that is not the issue. And I really do not care about strangers opinions at all, but find that the ones from my family sometimes get to me......:sad:

You don't need approval for loving luxury bags!
As you said you can afford them so enjoy using them ...

And if you want to share your enthusiasm when getting a luxury item share it with people who have that in common.

My family ( mom and sisters) admire my bags and I'm happy if they borrow them from me.
And when I purchase something new I share with my sisters who have the same enthusiasm .

Let's enjoy using what we have and don't mind the judgement of others.

You all are right, it is toxic behavior, but it just takes all the fun out of it! I don’t flaunt my bags in front of them or anything, this I s really about them and not me. I don’t do anything to provoke this behavior. So I’m going to to continue enjoying my bags, regardless of what they say. Just not bringing them to family gatherings
Thanks for sharing you points of view! I feel better already! :heart:

Like somebody already mentioned, just use your bags and bring them to even to family occasions don't mind any negativity. And I believe with time they won't bother or will notice your bags.

Just chill and enjoy...

My family likes nice clothes, not so much into designer bags. On the other hand, they have their own individual interests/hobbies that cost more than Chanel bags--horses, cars, other stuff. So if they were to criticize, they wouldn't have a lot of room to talk. They realize everybody has their thing and don't care.

Yes its so true everyone has something and shouldn't judge!!! I agree with you :smile: