How does the price increase work?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I tried on a lindy bag in my local store about 2 months ago. I know that they still have that bag in stock. So with the new price increase if I were to go and buy it today would the price have increased? I can't remember exactly what it cost when I looked at it the last time

2. I don't think there was an exact percentage increase as some items went up by 6% and others 10%

3. My understanding is that the price will have increased. I don't think Hermes keeps the old prices on existing stock and only apply the price increase to new stock.

4. Matt is definitely right. The stores re-tag existing stock with new tags listing the new and increased price. I was told that leather goods increased by 8% a couple of weeks ago, but there seem to be varying reports on the exact amount.

5. MattNY is almost certainly correct---if you live in the US (or one of the locations where the prices went up)--the new price will be in the computer and that is what you will pay.

6. Sorry, lilyhermes, we must have posted at almost the same time! I didn't intend to repeat what you said!