How does the oxblood leather hold up?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Hi all, I am recently eyeing on an oxblood Amberley satchel. When I am doing my research on tpf, it brings my concern that the oxblood leather seems shows its wear quite fastly (Reference: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/mulberry-leather-quality-or-lack-of.977895/)

Since oxblood would be my only choice, it is grateful if you can share how the oxblood leather hold up. If it is not a common case, I think I still would like to have a shot.

Thankssssss ; )))))))

2. I have a year old medium Oxblood NVT Cara, which I do not use very often as every single time I use her, she gets a new scratch despite treating her with the utmost care.
    If your heart is really set on the Oxblood, my advice would be that it’s not a good idea if you don’t have the time to look after the bag or are looking for a hard wearing bag.
    As long as you get some Collonil leather treatment on the scratches, they always come out after a good feed and buff but my experience is you have to be careful with bags in this finish and be prepared to treat them when they do get marks or scratches.
    Before you use any new Mulberry bag always treat them with Collonil leather balm or gel and Waterstop spray to give you a barrier of protection on the leather and keep treating them.
    The corners on my Cara don’t have the rubbing seen on that thread so I can’t comment on that bit, sorry.

lovingmybags likes this.
  3. Thank you so much for the sharing. Really helpful to hear that. A bit of a struggle. :-/

Foofan likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice