How does the intrecciato leather hold up in a small wallet?

Lurveydovey

Mar 19, 2015
Hi everyone! My brother is considering getting a BV bifold wallet, so I thought I would hop into this forum for some advice. Does the intrecciato leather hold up well? While we were browsing men's wallets in the BV boutique, I saw that some display wallets already had tiny frays around the exposed parts of the interwoven leather :sad: Thus I am worried that the leather will look beat up with a few months of use. Also, does anyone have any idea what other brands he can look into? He would like something discreet with no obvious branding, that is still distinct, unique and high quality. Thanks :smile:

My wallets and small leather goods have held up well but hubby’s wallet was a mess in a few months. Now I could say it’s because it’s in his back pocket and takes a beating but all his wallets have that history. In the fifty years we’ve been together and the wallets he’s had, the Coach held up the best and was his favorite.

Reactions: Sora_V
Men’s BV bi fold wallets are made of veal
I think they are delicate but someone I gave a wallet to 7 years ago is still carrying it
It would be in better condition if they hadn’t over stuffed it

My wallets and small leather goods have held up well but hubby’s wallet was a mess in a few months. Now I could say it’s because it’s in his back pocket and takes a beating but all his wallets have that history. In the fifty years we’ve been together and the wallets he’s had, the Coach held up the best and was his favorite.

Men’s BV bi fold wallets are made of veal
I think they are delicate but someone I gave a wallet to 7 years ago is still carrying it
It would be in better condition if they hadn’t over stuffed it

sounds like the leather can be rather delicate, will have to consider other brands then. Thanks for the help! xx

I have used a women's woven bifold wallet daily for almost a year, within a handbag, and it shows virtually no wear. I have a card case from the men's collection that I use regularly (at least it was from the men's section in the store) and it also shows no wear. It's woven and I use it in my pocket, but it is not a bifold.

Overall, my woven SLG's - including other wallets and card cases - have held up very well. I would wholeheartedly recommend them to you or your husband.

I probably need to count at some point but don’t share the # with DH. I have quite a few BV wallets, including vintage. They all are holding up really well. I rotate my wallets when I change my BV bags.

my ex husband is still carrying the wallet I bought him 7 - 8 years ago. he does not baby it and is pretty rough with it. it still looks great. because of that, I finally bought myself 2 wallets from BV (used but looks good still)