How does the BV Cabat LE numbering system work?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I see Cabats that were limited to 250, 400, 500, 1,000, and even 35.

Here's what I think I've figured out here at tPF--Some Cabats are limited in style (truly limited) and others are limited by season (so maybe 500 black bags in 2017, and 500 more in 2018, etc...). If it is limited to 250, it is the Asian size, which is also called the mini (right?). (That's a whole other question, I think all mini Cabats were originally sold in Asia, but I'm not certain about that.)

So if the Asian can be identified by the number of LEs (250), it stands to reason that the other limited numbers have meaning also. Is that true?

If that is true, can someone explain how the LE numbers work?

It's not that it matters exactly, but I just like knowing minutiae. And here at tPF, I know I am not alone in that thirst. :smile:

2. My understanding is much like yours, from what my SAs have told me when I made my Cabat purchases. There were the classic colors made pretty much all the time, but limited to the numbered production. There were the seasonal nappa colors limited to the 500.

The mini/small size previously had been exclusive to the Asia market + the BV boutiques in Hawai’i (given the islands’ geography and clientele). Those were the 250s (though I do know of at least one exception, where a plaque simply had the wrong number on it—it might have been a pouch inadvertently switched).

There were seasonal LE Cabats that were considered to be premium editions, based on the materials used, the fabrication methods, and the the amount of time needed to create them. For example, some were made from exotics or with exotic detailing (croc, ostrich, etc.), some were treated calf (Barcelona, Marcapunto, Fuzzy, Spazzolato), and some were nappa with embellishment (Paillettes, Flocked, Moon).

I’m just guessing, but some of the premium models might account for the lower production numbers based on how many could have been produced in a season, in terms of the available materials or artisan time commitment.

I like minutiae, too, but BV has idiosyncracies sometimes.