How does one actually GET a Birkin?

Yes.

In Hermes world, it's not about money. Many wealthy people just want a Birkin and appreciate nothing about H. They just want the Birkin to show off as a status symbol. These are clients Hermes do not want. And I have loads of these type of women where I come from. And no, no Birkins for them.

No

This is Hermes.

NB - Again - I need to send the right message. And this time, I am not even joking anymore. I also sincerely hope that people wouldn't be consistently wound up on this H forum, when they read posts like this. H is about enjoyment. Not daily drama.

And it has always been like this .... Hermes want long term customers who appreciate the whole Hermes brand. Not just for their bags.

Mrssparkles: I :heart: you!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: This is exactly what this thread needs right now. How interesting that some people can always take H the wrong way and thinking money is everything.!

Yes.

In Hermes world, it's not about money. Many wealthy people just want a Birkin and appreciate nothing about H. They just want the Birkin to show off as a status symbol. These are clients Hermes do not want. And I have loads of these type of women where I come from. And no, no Birkins for them.

No

This is Hermes.

NB - Again - I need to send the right message. And this time, I am not even joking anymore. I also sincerely hope that people wouldn't be consistently wound up on this H forum, when they read posts like this. H is about enjoyment. Not daily drama.

And it has always been like this .... Hermes want long term customers who appreciate the whole Hermes brand. Not just for their bags.

Sorry OT (I think?)
MrsS I was wondering about this last statement. Do you feel that spending more on other areas on H helps? Is it the appreciation of all H items that makes a difference? I was just :wondering.

Yes.

No

This is Hermes.

I am constantly amazed at how many members on this forum seem disinterested in the exquisite Hermes blankets and throws?
I have a leather blanket that I would choose hands down over a Birkin!

Attachments

• leather:cashmere.JPG
    leather:cashmere.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 296
Sorry OT (I think?)
MrsS I was wondering about this last statement. Do you feel that spending more on other areas on H helps? Is it the appreciation of all H items that makes a difference? I was just :wondering.

Julide, when I was a newbie on this forum, I had a few really really nice ladies here who taught me about Hermes, and shared with me their H experiences. I am forever grateful to them. :flowers:

Over the past couple of years, after pledging loyalty to the same SA and same H store, I am happy where I am now with my H relationship.

During this same period of time, many of us also tried to understand how H rewards its customer for loyalty. And the Birkin is the symbol of that loyalty.

I am happy to be able to find many things in H that I enjoy - scarves, shawls, small leather accessories, H diamond and silver jewellery, RTW etc.

Such beautiful, refined taste duchess!...just the feel alone of this sooooo amazing...although we have not crossed over the home goods of H...Mrs. P and I love H blankets and everything in this H dept! So much to love with H beyond the coveted bags indeed! Mrs. P use to say "if I can't strap it on me...I am not buying it!"...now with H homewares, she's changing her tune! Thank goodness we did not discover H while the kids were still babies! LOL!

I have to add though is that everything with H makes my wife's heart sing the opera! I just want to :lecture: or :noggin: sometimes!

Last edited:
I am constantly amazed at how many members on this forum seem disinterested in the exquisite Hermes blankets and throws?
I have a leather blanket that I would choose hands down over a Birkin!

Your blanket is beautiful, just beautiful! I understand what you mean about appreciating H's other products.

I have these on my wish list :yes:......

005715p00.jpg