How does Let Trade work?

True, too! Some people there have WEIRD fashion tastes IMO!
I'm was born and raised in Hong Kong for six years and never really got around to liking the styles...but there are definitely lots of shops with cheap things! My cousin tells me, people can probably tell right away I'm "foreign" (although I am Chinese) because I dress so differently and look so different than local Chinese people there... a tank top, jeans/shorts with flip flops is considered beach wear...when I wore that out for dinner one night, I got odd looks from people on the train!

haha so true! my aunt buys clothes every single season... and she throws away the rest... or my grandma sends it to distant relatives in china since they cannot afford clothes all the time...
and my parents always say they can own the same clothes in canada for years without having to change it... if they do that in hong kong, it's embarrassing...
and yah! i need to save up lots of money to stock up when i go back to hk again!

Oh WOW!!! Anne, you should be our official PF scout of good deals there!!!:graucho: I bet things don't last at these shops as every single fashion magazine had a write up about Milan Station and such!!!

My office is but a couple of blocks from the best Milan Station on the Kowloon side...I usually stop in every couple of days to check things out:graucho: !! If there is ever anything inparticular that you are looking for, please let me know...and I will keep my eye out.... It is always just a matter of time.....

LV_Addict: you are right, pisa is a good and reputable site however the markup on that site is RIDICULOUS! you can get it for soo much cheaper buying at a shop in hk but i guess if you're not in hk, it is a great alternative...
vuittongang: in hong kong, many local celebrities exist.. they don't make too much money but they still have to keep up with the trends... which is why it is totally not surprising for them to buy and resell bags since the paparazzi and such can be mean... they always try to wear designer and such in order to look good in magazines...

I always assumed that that was the lifestyle in Japan 日本 but not in Hong Kong.

I know that in Japan 日本 they have a gazilion 'specialty shops' that offer authentic LV products but I thought that HK was a totally different situation, i.e ala Shen Zhen fake-o's with rare exceptions.

Milan station ? Gotta look that one up :yes:

My office is but a couple of blocks from the best Milan Station on the Kowloon side...I usually stop in every couple of days to check things out:graucho: !! If there is ever anything inparticular that you are looking for, please let me know...and I will keep my eye out.... It is always just a matter of time.....

ooh where in kowloon is that milan station? i wanna go check it out...
i used to always go to the 'stations' in causeway bay

Woah - who here can speak Chinese? If so, run a google search and find us some legit resellers - maybe we can get even bigger deals and more selection of LV items! Wow - we're learning a helluva a whole lot in this thread, I can tell you that! :yes:

Hong Kong is such a small place, that not a lot of them are used to the idea of online stores...

I was just gonna say...space is a definite issue! My closest relatives live in an 800-square feet apartment...and when we go back to stay with them, that's 8 people crammed into a tiny little flat! :lol:

annemerrick, so would you say that the prices at the "Station" shops are still quite expensive and not that great of deals? I'm TRYING to convince myself to save more money now to buy lots of LV from the Station shops in HK...but I don't know if the prices are convincing me enough.

I would say that it is possible to find AMAZING deals at the second-hand shops...I could go on and on about my great finds...I love Milan Station, Paris Station, and I have a few other smaller shops that I go too every now and then!
Space is a huge problem here...people here tend not to spend a lot of time in their apartments, and they also tend not to do too much decorating, so their $$$ is literally spent where it can be seen...cars, clothes, and bags. The cars get traded in every couple of years...and the second-hand market here is no good, because I have been told that for the most part, Chinese people do not like to buy second-hand. We got our Mercedes SUV when it was 2 years old with under 20,000 miles for about $23,000...and you should see the used car lots...the cars are pristine!!! Aahhh...I love buying used stuff!!!

Why don't you find out if they have a website for us :supacool:

I always assumed that that was the lifestyle in Japan 日本 but not in Hong Kong.

I know that in Japan 日本 they have a gazilion 'specialty shops' that offer authentic LV products but I thought that HK was a totally different situation, i.e ala Shen Zhen fake-o's with rare exceptions.

Milan station ? Gotta look that one up :yes:

hehe shenzhen is the kingdom of fake items!
but in hong kong, you can actually find a lot of authentic second hand stores with real LV, Chanel, etc.... and specialty shops that sell new burberry blue label, vivienne westwood and such...
but of course there are places in hk where u can buy fakes too... i know the good quality one are hidden away in shops or something somewhere but you get those cheap tacky looking fakes at the 'ladies market' and such...
milan stations and such are so popular that they come out with magazines and such that teach you about LV and have price lists and such!!

Just as something funny...I know all the people at pretty much all the milan Stations...and it turns out that the manager of the one close to my office lives in my same building just a few floors under me! I saw her one day in the elevator...and thought it was hilarious that I actually was excited to have the manager of MS living close by...like I would get better deals or something...although they do discount, and depending on who is helping me, I have gotten great discounts off the prices...especially if it is an older style bag!

I would say that it is possible to find AMAZING deals at the second-hand shops...I could go on and on about my great finds...I love Milan Station, Paris Station, and I have a few other smaller shops that I go too every now and then!
Space is a huge problem here...people here tend not to spend a lot of time in their apartments, and they also tend not to do too much decorating, so their $$$ is literally spent where it can be seen...cars, clothes, and bags. The cars get traded in every couple of years...and the second-hand market here is no good, because I have been told that for the most part, Chinese people do not like to buy second-hand. We got our Mercedes SUV when it was 2 years old with under 20,000 miles for about $23,000...and you should see the used car lots...the cars are pristine!!! Aahhh...I love buying used stuff!!!
'

OMG sounds good...I think I will save up my money and buy LOTS of LV when I go back...but bringing it back *could* be a problem, with customs and everything.

Milan Station does have a web PAGE. On the logo, in Chinese it says "Enter Milan Station" on the bottom but I cannot click it...so it's a dead web site, but I've seen the store front of this store before! Lots of people!

¦ÌÄõ¯¸ Milan Station

milan.jpg

Hong Kong is such a small place, that not a lot of them are used to the idea of online stores...

hmm. what do u mean by Hong Kong is such a small place that they are not used to the idea of online stores? Do you mean that they are not techonologically advanced? In that case, no that's not true. Although Hong Kong is small geologically, their population is huge!!! and they are so technologically advanced --> their technologies are much faster than North America's... :shame:

ooh where in kowloon is that milan station? i wanna go check it out...
i used to always go to the 'stations' in causeway bay

How many "Stations" does Causeway Bay have? :nuts: I go to Causeway Bay almost EVERY day because my cousin works there and I always meet her after work..it's about the only place that I know my way around. :lol: Maybe Central too...and Chai Wan (where I live when I'm there) but that's about it!

'

OMG sounds good...I think I will save up my money and buy LOTS of LV when I go back...but bringing it back *could* be a problem, with customs and everything.

Milan Station does have a web PAGE. On the logo, in Chinese it says "Enter Milan Station" on the bottom but I cannot click it...so it's a dead web site, but I've seen the store front of this store before! Lots of people!

¦ÌÄõ¯¸ Milan Station

milan.jpg

ooooo.. i think this store is located at Wong Kwok