How does Hermes feel about customers buying from resellers?

My store manager is aware that I have an "alternative" source for my birkins, and has in fact asked me a few times how much I paid for this bag and that bag. She has in fact seen all the birkins I got from Pete, with exception of my black croc which she has only seen via email.

At an earlier time, she even suggested that if I can find my birkins from elsewhere, and if the prices are good, I should consider getting them. Not because she supports resellers of course (in fact, she loathes them, and blacklists customers doing it), but because she still has a backlog of birkin orders to fill, and she knows I am very impatient.

I'm very comfortable with her, and also a few favourite SAs. :heart: I'd told them very honestly that I wish I could give them all my business but I just couldn't wait. I am very loyal to my store manager for everything else and do not buy from the other stores in my country. At one point, I was buying something every week!:sweatdrop:

I think my honesty with the H staff has been to my advantage rather than disadvantage. I would have died if it jeopardised my chances of getting birkins from my store. So far, I have been treated nicely (and I am very grateful) and benefited in receiving some really lovely bags.

If I do not receive any nice bags in 2007, then it'll be very obvious the relationships have turned awry. Should this happen, you would see me weeping on this forum :crybaby:

^^^^PL, I think the SA recognized the bag as the one he was helping transfer from the Malaysia store. He probably got a little frightened when he thought that, perhaps, he may have been duped into selling the bag to a reseller. Get it? I hear the SAs worry all the time about selling Birkins to potential resellers and having to answer to corporate headquarters about their possible involvement.

Yeah that makes sense!! :yes: I thought he really looked stressed out asking about the bag!!

I was amazed that the SA in the Boston store never asked where I had gotten my bag(s) being carried from....very professional IMO!

No one in the Boston store has ever asked me where I got the bags I've carried in there. I dropped by Trim off for a spa treatment, which my SA had not seen, and she did not ask about where it was acquired.

I think that Boston has a little different attitude -- they know that they have customers that buy Hermes in lots of different places and the boutique itself has been there less than 10 years.