How does everyone save for a new Louis?

I do what LxTxNx says, and it works well. I would just start saving with out the intent of purchasing anything, and saving just to save for a rainy day. By the time I decide I want something, I don't really have to save for it, I can just buy it. Saving goes by faster that way, for me. lol

hehe, same here. I want my next dream bag too. I dunno if this is a good idea but i'm gona let my boyfriend to save my money... cause it's really no use if i try to save in my own account...

i posted something similar to this thread. a lot of the ladies said they stop buying useless things they don't need and do not eat out a lot. pack lunch, make own coffee... i also have a big jar that i save all my change in. i also like the idea of putting away a certain % of every paycheck... this way it's not a huge dent in your wallet! i wanted to try and do something like for every thing i like and consider buying that i persuade myself not to buy, i will put that money away towards a new purse. haven't do it yet... but that will make things add up rather quickly!

Hmmm. I just don't buy anything else that is not necessary until I have enough saved. Like I won't buy shoes or clothes if I don't absolutely need them. GL saving!:biggrin:

I take some cash from my wallet at the end of every week. It can really add up quickly and keeps me from spending because I'm determined to have at least $20 to go in my savings envelope. Silly but simple.

I also have the equavalint to a coin jar and just save whatever loose change I have. It really does work. Two different times i saved at least $100 (each time) so it really does add up eventually. It took me about six months to save.

Every few months Ill clean out my closet and take anything I'm not wearing anymore to a local consignment shop. Anything I get for consigning my clothes etc goes to my LV addiction. I also think twice before buying new clothes etc. I always think which i want more, a louis or the top etc.

The coin jar thing sounds silly but it really works. One of the things I've done over the years is try to limit using credit cards(too much mindless spending on my part) and only use cash as much as possible. I refuse to spend any loose change I get I save it all in a jar I did that for one year and many jars later I saved over $1000 in loose change. I did that as a experiment now I just cash in when my Costco size nut jar is full and it's usually $200-300.

I will allocate a portion of my annual bonus for bags...only 2 a year (one under Spring Summer collection and the other Autumn Winter collection)