How does everyone AFFORD your LV Bags?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlylv

O.G.
Mar 30, 2010
I see some crazy purchases and TDF reveals and LVOE them all and I was just wondering how you all afford your bags? If it's not to personal for you to share:biggrin:.

I'll go first......I'm a teacher and bought most of my LV before I got married in 04. Back then it was just me and my paycheck so I bought lots of LV bags and accessories but now my husband who is a computer engineer buys my bags heehee. Oh and we have a 3yr old and a 10 month old :smile:

I see some crazy purchases and TDF reveals and LVOE them all and I was just wondering how you all afford your bags? If it's not to personal for you to share:biggrin:.

I'll go first......I'm a teacher and bought most of my LV before I got married in 04. Back then it was just me and my paycheck so I bought lots of LV bags and accessories but now my husband who is a computer engineer buys my bags heehee. Oh and we have a 3yr old and a 10 month old :smile:

Wow! You're one of the lucky ones who have DH to support your LVoe for these purses. My DH thinks one LV is enough :nono:and I had to work my ass off and save for these purchases, not to mention forgoing stuff like jewelry.

I could not afford all these when I was younger as I come from an average income family. When I had kids, I could not afford coz all the $$$ went to taking care of their needs. Now that they are slightly older (10 and 6 yo), I believe I deserve to be rewarded since it's spendings from my own savings.;) I make sure I don't owe cc for such purchases and spend within my own limit.

Full-time student, so I tutor for like $35/hr whenever I can...i buy my SLGs and am currently saving towards a Chanel or empriente artsy OR mc speedy (i can't quite make up my mind)...my parents buy my bags, as gifts, bdays, Christmases etc :biggrin:

The deal is...my hubby will buy me 1 bag every year and that takes care of Xmas, birthday,anniversary etc haha. If I want anything else LV I have to pay for it myself. I agreed with him, since he pays ALL the bills and still takes me shopping for clothes. And I shop at Anthropologie all the time or Nordstrom heehee.
My recent bag he bought is the Verona MM in May so now I have to wait till may next year. I'm already planning what bag to get and I'm hoping by that time they'll have some news on making the Delightful in Damier.....

Full-time student, so I tutor for like $35/hr whenever I can...i buy my SLGs and am currently saving towards a Chanel or empriente artsy OR mc speedy (i can't quite make up my mind)...my parents buy my bags, as gifts, bdays, Christmases etc :biggrin:

I tutored too for a year in 2007 until I had my 1st baby. Yeah it's good money.....extra money and you can set up your own hours. :biggrin:

SUGAR DADDY :graucho:

Haha - just kidding. I don't have much of a collection - I often rotate my bags -- like, I use one for awhile and then I sell it on ebay ... then add that to my LV savings for the next bag.

I stopped buying petty things and buy things as I need them (except for LV...not needed..but wanted)....I also cut down on purchasing sale clothes just because its a smoking deal...I do not go into dept stores for fun anymore...lol...

Hubby and I are both working. He buys me 1 LV (I'm just starting :P) and a jewelry piece/s (this is my obsession even before college) per year. I'm just blessed with a 'partner-in-crime' husband who tolerates my hobbies :lol: And oh, we're currently working in a tax-free country (Qatar) so I might as well buy the things I want! ;)

My Dearest mom popped my LV cherry- got me a Stephen Sprouse speedy as a VERY belated birthday present
My next purchase by me was my petit noe- red, got that online since they discontinued that color
Then my Neverful from my brother for my birthday
Then my aunt got me a black epi leather speedy
Then she got me a Vernis alma- amarante
Then i got a passport holder in monogram for myself and for her as well
Then my aunt got me my Epi Leather zippy organizer

so mostly family gets me my LV... :biggrin:

get monthly allowance from parents (as I'm still in college) and live off top ramen :smile: LOL JK, its more like spaghetti and pasta :-p haha. I just put half of the allowance into savings! it adds up quick!!

I have a special bank account which I put in 200 dollars a month (after all the bills are paid and money is put towards our savings), kind of like a grown up allowance. I all adds up and I usually buy a couple of items a year. Also I sell items i no longer use on ebay and because lv bags hold their value quite well this funds the purchase of more goodies!

Before meeting the DBF I would usually get $$ from the family for Christmas/B'Day and combine to buy a bag.

Since having the DBF move in I get an allowance of "No questions asked spending money". It's not alot each week, but it means I can buy whatever I like without being questioned. My normal shopping comes out of the regular money so I usually use all of my allowance on bags and shoes!

Save save save! I normally put away $100/wk into a high interest account... So I get extra cash from interest earnings...Chinese new year/birthday/christmas money... SO sometimes contributes :smile: Parents also get me something when they go on hols!

I'm single and live at home still (hmmm, i'm 29)!! Work full-time in admin.
So I guess I can spend my savings on LV every yr or 2.
Since there's no rich parents, generous BF to shower me with gifts, I've to buy my own!
It's all gd.

Status
Not open for further replies.